5th and 6th September 2021 Current Affairs
Daily Important GK Update of fifth and sixth September 2021 masking the next information headlines: International Day of Charity, Plastics Pact, AYUSH AAPKE DWAR, Asian Squash Federation, National Teachers’ Day.
1. India turns into first Asian nation to launch ‘Plastics Pact’
- India has change into the first nation in Asia to launch a Plastics Pact, a brand new platform to advertise a round system for plastics.
- The India Plastic Pact platform was launched on September 03, 2021, by the British High Commissioner to India, Alexander Ellis, on the sixteenth Sustainability Summit hosted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- The new platform ‘India Plastic Pact’ is a joint effort of the World-Wide Fund for Nature-India (WWF India) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), and envisions to create a world the place plastic is valued and doesn’t pollute the atmosphere.
- The Pact targets the companies to transition in the direction of a round economic system for plastics by 2030.
- The initiative is supported by UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) and WRAP, a world NGO primarily based within the UK, and endorsed by the British High Commission in India.
2. GoI launches AYUSH AAPKE DWAR marketing campaign to distribute medicinal saplings
- As part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebration, the Ministry of AYUSH has launched a marketing campaign titled ‘AYUSH AAPKE DWAR’, which goals to distribute medicinal plant saplings to 75 lakh households in a single yr.
- The marketing campaign was inaugurated by the Union Minister of AYUSH Sarbananda Sonowal from Mumbai, throughout which he distributed medicinal plant saplings to residents. Subsequently, the marketing campaign was launched from greater than 45 areas throughout the nation.
- The medicinal crops being distributed embody Tejpatta, Stevia, Ashoka, Giloy, Ashwagandha, Lemongrass, Tulsi, Sarpagandha and Amla. Under this marketing campaign, it’s proposed to undertake the cultivation of medicinal crops throughout 75,000 hectares in a single yr.
3. Cyrus Poncha turns into new Vice-President of Asian Squash Federation
- Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) Secretary-General, Cyrus Poncha has been unanimously elected as Vice-President of the Asian Squash Federation (ASF), throughout the forty first annual common assembly of ASF. The Dronacharya Awardee has been elected for a interval of the four-year time period.
- David Mui of Hong Kong was elected unopposed because the President of ASF for a second time period. Apart from Cyrus Poncha, Mr Fayez Abdullah S.Al-Mutairi of Kuwait and Tae-sook Hee of Korea have been additionally elected because the Vice-Presidents of ASF.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- Asian Squash Federation Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia;
- Asian Squash Federation General Secretary: Duncan Chiu;
- Asian Squash Federation Founded: 1980.
4. India and US inks Project Agreement for Air-Launched Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- The Ministry of Defence, the Government of India and US Department of Defence have signed a Project Agreement (PA) for Air-Launched Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (ALUAV). This settlement is signed below the Joint Working Group Air Systems within the Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI).
- Under the collaboration, the 2 nations will work in the direction of the design, improvement, demonstration, testing and analysis of programs to co-develop an ALUAV Prototype.
- The DTTI goals to carry sustained management focus to advertise collaborative expertise trade and create alternatives for co-production and co-development of future applied sciences for Indian and US army forces.
5. twenty eighth Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise ‘SIMBEX-2021’
- The twenty eighth version of the Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) happened from September 02 to 04, 2021. The SIMBEX-2021 annual bilateral maritime train was hosted by the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) within the southern fringes of the South China Sea.
- The Indian Navy was represented by Guided Missile Destroyer INS Ranvijay with a shipborne helicopter, ASW Corvette INS Kiltan and Guided Missile Corvette INS Kora and one P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft.
- The train aimed to strengthen the bilateral defence ties between each nations. This yr’s version of SIMBEX can be an important day because it takes place throughout the ongoing celebrations of the 75th yr of India’s independence.
- The success of SIMBEX-2021 is yet one more demonstration of the mutual resolve on each side to strengthen the bilateral partnership additional within the years forward.
6. LIC buys 3.9% stake in Bank of India through open market acquisition
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has purchased 3.9 per cent (15,90,07,791 shares) of the Bank of India by means of open market acquisition. Before this acquisition, LIC held about 3.17 per cent stake within the Bank of India.
- After this acquisition, LIC now has 7.05 per cent, equal to 28,92,87,324 shares of Bank of India. This info was shared by the Bank of India to SEBI. As per SEBI tips, firms have to tell the inventory exchanges when an entity holds greater than 5 per cent shares in a listed firm.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- LIC Headquarters: Mumbai;
- LIC Founded: 1 September 1956;
- LIC Chairman: M R Kumar.
7. PhonePe launches digital fee interactive geospatial platform “Pulse platform”
- PhonePe has launched a platform named PhonePe Pulse. Pulse is India’s first interactive platform with knowledge insights and tendencies on digital funds.
- The platform exhibits greater than 2000 crore digital transactions by prospects on an interactive map of India. PhonePe additionally launched the Pulse Report, an in-depth research on the evolution of digital funds over the previous 5 years.
- The report additionally has insights about how digital fee adoption throughout India has advanced since 2016 and consists of detailed geographical and category-specific tendencies.
- The insights on the web site and within the report have been drawn from two key sources – everything of PhonePe’s transaction knowledge mixed with service provider and buyer interviews.
- The report is accessible as a free obtain on the PhonePe Pulse web site. This new product is related to a number of ecosystem stakeholders together with the federal government, policymakers, regulatory our bodies, media, trade analysts, service provider companions, startups, tutorial establishments and college students.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- CEO of Phonepe: Sameer Nigam
- Headquarters location of Phonepe: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
8. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chairs twenty fourth assembly of FSDC
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman has chaired the twenty fourth assembly of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC). Finance Minister is the chairperson of FSDC. It have to be famous that FSDC Sub-Committee is chaired by the Governor, RBI.
- Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) is the apex stage discussion board arrange by the Government of India for strengthening and institutionalizing the mechanism for sustaining monetary stability, enhancing inter-regulatory coordination and selling monetary sector improvement.
9. Tokyo Paralympics 2020: India finishes twenty fourth with document 19 medals
- India completed their marketing campaign on the Tokyo Paralympics 2020 with an all-time excessive of 19 medals which incorporates 5 gold, eight silver, and 6 bronze.
- This is one of the best medal tally for India a single version of the Paralympic Games. India is positioned at twenty fourth place within the general medal tally out of a complete of 162 nations.
- Javelin thrower Tek Chand was the flag bearer on the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Paralympics.
- Shooter Avani Lekhara was India’s flag-bearer on the closing ceremony.
To learn the entire article: Click here
10. Max Verstappen wins Dutch Grand Prix 2021
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) has gained the components one Dutch Grand Prix 2021. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) got here second whereas Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) got here third.
- The Red Bull driver’s main seventh win of the season and seventeenth of his profession moved him three factors forward of the defending champion, who completed second however softened the blow with a bonus level for quickest lap.
Books and Authors News
11. Know Your Rights and Claim Them: A Guide for Youth by Angelina Jolie
- Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has not too long ago introduced her upcoming guide, titled “Know Your Rights and Claim Them: A Guide for Youth”. The guide has been written collectively by Angelina Jolie, Amnesty International and human rights lawyer Geraldine Van Bueren QC.
- This guide shall be useful to younger folks and kids from around the globe in making them conscious of their rights and the right way to declare these rights determined years in the past primarily based on what would make them wholesome, balanced, protected and secure adults.
12. A guide title “A Rude Life: The Memoir” by Vir Sanghvi
- Vir Sanghvi, one in all India’s most recognised journalists, has come out with a memoir titled A Rude Life. ‘A Rude Life: The Memoir’ has been printed by Penguin Random House.
- Through this guide, the creator has shared his views and expertise of essentially the most eventful careers in Indian journalism, together with his private life, tales of and about celebrities and politicians, middlemen and behind-the-scene actors.
13. National Teachers’ Day: 05 September
- The fifth of September is widely known as instructor’s day throughout India. This day is widely known because the instructor’s day to mark the birthday of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan who was the previous president of our nation.
- He was a thinker, a scholar, and the Bharat Ratna Awardee. He was the second President of India (1962 to 1967) and the first Vice President of India (1952–1962).
- The Ministry of Education presents the National Teachers Awards on this event yearly. In 2021, the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind will confer National Awards on 44 lecturers from throughout the nation.
14. International Day of Charity: 05 September
- The International Day of Charity is noticed yearly on September 05. It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012. September 5 was chosen with the intention to commemorate the demise anniversary of Mother Teresa, who had all the time been engaged in charitable work.
- Mother Teresa acquired the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 for “work undertaken in the struggle to overcome poverty and distress, which also constitute a threat to peace.”
- The prime goal of the International Day of Charity is to boost consciousness and supply a standard platform for charity associated actions all around the world for people, charitable, philanthropic and volunteer organizations for their very own functions on the native, nationwide, regional and worldwide stage.
15. Former IOC President Jacques Rogge passes away
- Former President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Jacques Rogge has handed away.
- He had spent 12 years as president of IOC, from 2001 to 2013, overseeing three summer season Games and three winter Games, in addition to creating the Youth Olympics. He was then succeeded by Thomas Bach. He was the eighth President of IOC.