2nd, 3rd and 4th October 2021 Current Affairs
Daily Important GK Update of 2nd, third and 4th October October 2021 protecting the next information headlines: Namami Gange, Sudarshan Bharat Parikrama, Gandhi Jayanti, Asian Table Tennis Championship, Global Leadership Award 2021, 2021 Right Livelihood Award.
1. GoI launches ‘Waste to Wealth’ internet portal
- The authorities of India has launched an online portal referred to as “Waste to Wealth” to boost cooperation for sustainable improvement via financial system and neighborhood participation.
- The internet portal will carry collectively know-how suppliers, authorities stakeholders and concrete native our bodies to search out options to India’s waste issues, primarily plastic waste.
- The portal has been launched by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser and inaugurated by the Principal Scientific Advisor K. Vijay Raghavan on October 02, 2021, on the event of Gandhi Jayanti.
2. Kiren Rijiju inaugurates India’s first Sports Arbitration Centre in Gujarat
- The Union Minister of Law and Justice, Kiren Rijiju has inaugurated the first Sports Arbitration Centre of India at Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
- This Sports Arbitration Centre of India (SACI) will function an unbiased physique to quick monitor disputes within the sports activities sector and function a mechanism to redress points associated to sports activities.
- The SACI might be promoted by Ahmedabad-based SE TransStadia Pvt Ltd. and all authorized backing might be supplied by the Ministry of Law and Justice. The SACI could have a far-reaching influence for the sports activities sector of the nation by making a popularity and establishing credibility for itself via the supply to settle disputes and different points and considerations of the sports activities sector in a quick, clear and really accountable method.
3. World’s largest Khadi National Flag hoisted in Leh, Ladakh
- The world’s largest nationwide flag, made up of Khadi material, has been put in in Leh, Ladakh, on the event of the 152nd start anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on October 02, 2021.
- The Khadi nationwide flag was inaugurated by Ladakh Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur. The flag is made by Khadi Dyers and Printers based mostly in Mumbai which is affiliated to the Khadi Village and Industries Commission.
- The tricolour is 225-feet lengthy and 150-feet large. It weighs round 1,000 kg.
- The flag has been ready by the 57 Engineer Regiment of the Indian Army.
- The flag is the most important handwoven and handspun cotton khadi flag ever manufactured in India.
4. Najla Bouden Romdhane appointed as first lady PM of Tunisia
- Najla Bouden Romdhane has been appointed because the first-ever feminine Prime Minister of Tunisia. The 63-year-old has additionally change into the primary feminine prime minister in the entire Arab world.
- Prior to this appointment, Najla served within the training ministry in 2011. She is a geologist by career and professor on the Tunis National School of Engineering.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- President of Tunisia: Kais Saied; Capital of Tunisia: Tunis.
- The foreign money of Tunisia: Tunisian Dinar.
5. Kangana Ranaut turns into model ambassador of UP’s ODOP Scheme
- The Uttar Pradesh authorities led by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has named veteran Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut because the model ambassador of the formidable “One District One Product (ODOP) scheme” of the state.
- CM Yogi additionally offered Kangana with a silver coin that was used for ‘Ram Janm Bhumi Pujan’.
- The UP authorities has launched the one district-one product (ODOP) programme with the goal to create product-specific conventional industrial hubs throughout 75 districts of the state.
- The scheme encourages such indigenous and specialised merchandise and crafts of UP that aren’t discovered anyplace else.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- UP Capital: Lucknow;
- UP Governor: Anandiben Patel;
- UP Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath.
6. Amish Mehta appointed as new MD & CEO of CRISIL
- Amish Mehta has been appointed as the brand new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (MD & CEO) of score company Crisil with impact from October 01, 2021. He has changed Ashu Suyash. Crisil is owned by S&P.
- Mehta has greater than 20 years of management expertise throughout industries and joined Crisil in October 2014 as President and Chief Financial Officer.
- In July 2017, he was elevated because the President and Chief Operating Officer, accountable for the worldwide analytical centre, India analysis and SME, the worldwide innovation and excellence hub and company technique.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- Crisil Founded: 1987;
- Crisil Headquarters: Mumbai.
7. Indian contingent departs for Sri Lanka joint train Mitra Shakti 21
- The eighth version of the India – Sri Lanka bilateral joint Exercise “Mitra Shakti-21” is scheduled to happen at Combat Training School, Ampara in Sri Lanka from October 4 to fifteen, 2021.
- The goal of the train is to boost interoperability and sharing finest practices in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations between Armies of each nations and additional strengthen the connection between each the South Asian Nations.
- The train will contain tactical stage operations on the sub-unit stage in a global Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism atmosphere and can go a good distance in additional strengthening the connection between each the South Asian Nations and can act as a catalyst in bringing synergy and cooperation on the grass-root stage between each Armies.
8. Paytm acquires 100% possession of lending startup CreditMate
- Online fee companies supplier, Paytm has acquired a 100% stake in Mumbai-based digital lending startup CreditMate.
- However, the transaction particulars of the deal haven’t been disclosed. The Paytm Group will now be the 100% helpful house owners of the enterprise, whereas the co-founders of CreditMate will exit the enterprise.
- CreditMate was based in 2019 by Jonathan Bill, Ashish Doshi, Swati Lad and Aditya Singh as a group platform that helps lenders accumulate overdue funds from debtors.
Important notes for all competitive exams:
- Paytm HQ: Noida, Uttar Pradesh;
- Paytm Founder & CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma;
- Paytm Founded: 2009.
9. PM Modi launches Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh
- Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi nearly launched the Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh, on October 02, 2021, as part of the flagship Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), launched in 2019.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission has been empowering ladies of the nation by saving their time and efforts which was earlier consumed in protecting lengthy distances to fetch consuming water.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission App has been launched to enhance consciousness amongst stakeholders and for better transparency and accountability of schemes beneath the Mission.
- Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK) will allow people, establishments, companies, or philanthropists, both in India or overseas, to contribute/donate to offer faucet water connection in each rural family, college, Anganwadi centre, ashram shala, and different public establishments.
10. Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2021 introduced
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2021 was awarded collectively to David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian “for their discoveries of receptors for temperature and touch.”
- These breakthrough discoveries launched intense analysis actions resulting in a fast improve in our understanding of how our nervous system senses warmth, chilly, and mechanical stimuli.
- The laureates recognized important lacking hyperlinks in our understanding of the complicated interaction between our senses and the atmosphere. The announcement was made by a panel on the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm.
- The prestigious award comes with a gold medal and 10 million Swedish kronor (over $1.14 million). The prize cash comes from a bequest left by the prize’s creator, Swedish inventor Alfred Nobel, who died in 1895.
11. Indian Organisation LIFE receives 2021 Right Livelihood Award
- The Delhi-based environmental organisation “Legal Initiative for Forest and Environment (LIFE)” has been felicitated with the 2021 Right Livelihood Award, a global honour, also referred to as Sweden’s various Nobel Prize.
- LIFE has been chosen for the award for its “grassroots approach of empowering vulnerable communities to protect their livelihoods and claim their right to a clean environment.”
- The Right Livelihood Award comes with a money prize of 1 million Swedish crowns ($115,000) and long-term help to focus on and develop Laureates’.
Apart from this, different three awardees who had been additionally honoured embrace:
- Cameroonian ladies rights activist Marthe Wandou
- Russian environmental activist Vladimir Slivyak
- Canadian Indigenous rights defender Freda Huson
12. Shiv Nadar to be awarded Global Leadership Award 2021
- The US India Business Council (USIBC) has chosen Shiv Nadar and Mallika Srinivasan because the recipient of its 2021 Global Leadership Award.
- Shiv Nadar is the founder and chairman emeritus of HCL Technologies Limited. Mallika Srinivasan is the chair and managing director, Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited (TAFE).
- Both might be honoured on the 2021 India Ideas Summit to be held on October 6-7, 2021. The Global Leadership Awards that are given yearly since 2007, honour high company executives from the United States and India.
13. Birendra Lakra and SV Sunil proclaims retirement from International Hockey
- S V Sunil, the veteran ahead and star striker of India males’s subject hockey group and Olympic bronze medal-winning Indian hockey star defender Birendra Lakra have introduced their retirement from worldwide hockey.
- The 31-year-old Lakra was a part of the bronze medal-winning Indian aspect within the Tokyo Olympics 2020 as vice-captain. He has represented India in 197 video games with 10 targets. The 32-year-old Sunil has scored 72 targets in 264 appearances for the nationwide group.
14. Indian males’s group wins bronze medal in Asian Table Tennis Championship 2021
- The Indian males’s desk tennis group claimed the bronze medal within the Asian Table Tennis Championships in Doha, Qatar, after dropping to South Korea 0-3 within the semi-finals.
- The Indian group was assured of a medal after beating Iran 3-1 within the quarterfinals. Both the semifinalists safe a bronze. This is the second medal for India on the Asian Championships since 1976.
- The bronze medal-winning Indian group comprised of Sathiyan Gnanasekaran, Sharath Kamal, Harmeet Desai, Sanil Shetty, and Manav Thakkar.
15. Gandhi Jayanti 2021: Remembering the Gandhi
- Every 12 months 2nd October is well known as a Gandhi Jayanti to recollect the start anniversary of the daddy of our nation Mahatma Gandhi.
- The 12 months 2021 marks the 152nd start anniversary of the worldwide peace icon who was born on 2 October 1869, in Porbandar in Gujarat.
- This day is known as Gandhi Jayanti in India. On 15 June 2007, the United Nations General Assembly voted to determine 2 October because the International Day of Non-Violence.
- The International Day of Non-Violence is noticed on 2 October, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, chief of the Indian independence motion and pioneer of the philosophy and technique of non-violence. The International Day is an event to “disseminate the message of non-violence, including through education and public awareness”.
16. World Day for Farmed Animals: 02 October
- World Day for Farmed Animals (WDFA) is noticed on October 02, which marks the start anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The day is organised by the International animals’ welfare group, World Animal Protection together with Asia for Animals coalition to indicate the significance and urgency of farm animal welfare.
- The day is devoted to exposing the unnecessary struggling and loss of life of farmed animals who’re raised and slaughtered for meals.
- World Day for Farmed Animals has been organized annually since 1983 by the Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM), this 12 months with the participation of Animal Justice, the Animal Law Firm, the Animal Activism Mentorship Program, Jewish Veg, Switch4Good, and Their Turn.
17. 67th National Wildlife Week on 02 to 08 October 2021
- National Wildlife Week is yearly celebrated throughout India between 2nd to eighth October with an goal to guard and protect the natural world of India. The Wildlife Week 2021 is well known from 2nd October to eighth October.
- In 2021, we’re celebrating 67th Wildlife Week. This 12 months National Wildlife Week theme 2021: “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
18. World Space Week: 04-10 October
- The World Space Week (WSW) is noticed yearly from October 4 to 10, to have a good time science and know-how, and their contribution in the direction of the betterment of the human situation.
- WSW was declared by the United Nations General Assembly on December 6, 1999. The 2021 theme is “Women in Space”!
19. World Habitat Day 2021: First Monday of October
- The United Nations designated the first Monday of October as World Habitat Day. In 2021, World Habitat Day is being celebrated on October 04.
- The day is commemorated yearly worldwide to throw gentle on the situation of our cities and cities, and on the fundamental proper of all to ample shelter.
- The day can be supposed to remind the world that all of us have the facility and the duty to form the way forward for our cities and cities. The theme for 2021 World Habitat Day is “Accelerating urban action for a carbon-free world”.
20. Ghanshyam Nayak of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah passes away
- Veteran tv actor Ghanashyam Nayak, who was well-known for his position as Nattu Kaka within the TV collection Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah has handed away resulting from most cancers.
- He was recognized for enjoying the position of Natwarlal Prabhashankar Undhaiwala AKA Nattu Kaka within the well-known present Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. Apart from this, he has labored in over 100 Gujarati and Hindi movies and round 350 Hindi tv serials.
21. Union Minister Amit Shah flags off ‘Sudarshan Bharat Parikrama’
- Union Home Minister, Amit Shah flagged off All India Car Rally ‘Sudarshan Bharat Parikrama’ of the National Security Guard (NSG) on October 02, 2021, as part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, to have a good time the seventy fifth 12 months of India’s Independence.
- The NSG’s automobile rally was flagged off from the historic Red Fort in Delhi. It will finish on October 30, 2021, on the Police Memorial in New Delhi.
- The month-long marketing campaign will cowl a 7,500 kms lengthy journey via 18 cities in 12 states, passing via necessary and historic locations related to the Freedom Movement and Freedom Fighters of the nation. The rally has been organized beneath the aegis of the Union Home Ministry.
22. Centre declares Chacha Chaudhary as official Mascot of ‘Namami Gange’ Mission
- The iconic Indian comedian e book cartoon character, Chacha Chaudhary, whose mind works sooner than a pc, has been declared because the official mascot for the centrally-sponsored NamamiGangeProgramme.
- An outlay of Rs. 2.26 crore has been devoted to the venture. The comics will initially be launched in Hindi, English and Bengali languages.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has tied up with Diamond Toons, the writer of the Chacha Chaudhary comics, to conceptualize, develop and distribute the brand new comics, e-comics and animated movies that includes the cartoon character.
- Chacha Chaudhary has been chosen to particularly join youngsters with the marketing campaign of river cleanliness.