The DRDO has efficiently flight-tested a brand new technology Anti-Radiation Missile (RUDRAM-1) on the Wheeler Island off the coast of Odisha. The missile was launched from SU-30 Mk1 fighter plane. The missile, having a pace of Mach two or twice the pace of sound, is able to bringing down a wide-range of enemy radar methods, communication networks and air defence methods inside a spread of as much as 250 kilometres.
- The RUDRAM is a primary indigenous anti-radiation missile of the nation for Indian Air Force (IAF), being developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- With this, the nation has established indigenous functionality to develop long-range air-launched anti-radiation missiles for neutralising enemy Radars, communication websites and different RF emitting targets.
- It has INS-GPS navigation with Passive Homing Head for the ultimate assault. The RUDRAM hit the radiation goal with pin-point accuracy.
- The Passive Homing Head can detect, classify and interact targets over a large band of frequencies as programmed.
- The missile is a potent weapon for IAF for Suppression of Enemy Air Defence successfully from giant stand-off ranges.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.