The seventh offshore patrol vessel of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG), ”Vigraha” was formally unveiled on the Kattupalli port, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The vessel, constructed by Larsen and Toubro, is the final within the collection of seven OPVs contracted to the corporate by the Ministry of Defence in 2015. It was the primary time a personal sector shipyard has undertaken the design and building of offshore patrol vessel class of ships.
| SBI Clerk Mains & RBI Assistant Mains Exams
- The OPV is 98 metres lengthy, 15 metres extensive, has 3.6 m draught, 2140T displacement and a spread of 5,000 nautical miles.
- It can attain a sustained velocity of as much as 26 knots and can be fitted with 30mm 2A42 gun and two 12.7 mm weapons and geared up with twin-engine helicopters enhancing its operational, surveillance, search and rescue functionality.
- The vessel is predicted to be inducted into the Coast Guard after completion of intensive trials and testing for the tools and equipment by March 2021.
- The vessel can be manned by 102 crew together with 14 officers and 88 subordinate officers. Its life span is predicted to be greater than 25 years.
About Offshore Patrol Vessels
Offshore Patrol Vessels are long-range floor ships, able to operation in maritime zones of the nation together with island territories with helicopter operation capabilities. Some of the roles undertaken by the OPVs embrace coastal and offshore patrol, policing maritime zones of the nation, surveillance, anti-smuggling and anti-piracy operations.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Indian Coast Guard Director General: Director General Krishnaswamy Natarajan.
- Indian Coast GuardBased: 18 August 1978.
- Indian Coast Guard Headquarters: Ministry of Defence, New Delhi.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.