Here is the day by day GK replace of seventeenth November 2020 protecting the next information headlines: Chief Minister of Bihar, Enforcement Directorate, Punjab National Bank, SBM Bank.
Daily GK updates are integrated with the vital information that made the present affairs headlines for banking or different aggressive exams. Daily GK Update is the whole bag of the vital information that held all day lengthy. One ought to have full information in regards to the banking phrases, present affairs information, and so forth.
1. Nitish Kumar sworn-in as Chief Minister of Bihar for seventh time period
- The Chief of Janata Dal (United), Nitish Kumar has taken an oath because the Chief Minister of Bihar and he’ll start his seventh time period on sixteenth November 2020.
- Bihar Governor Phagu Chauhan administered the oath of workplace and secrecy to Mr Kumar at Raj Bhavan in Patna.
- BJP legislature social gathering chief Tarkishore Prasad and Deputy chief Renu Devi have been made the brand new Deputy Chief Ministers.
- 14 different ministers have been additionally sworn in together with Mr Kumar. Out of them, seven are from BJP, 5 from JD (U) and one every from Vikassheel Insaan Party( VIP) and Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM).
2. ED Director SK Mishra’s tenure prolonged by one 12 months
- The Union authorities has prolonged the tenure of Enforcement Directorate (ED) Director Sanjay Kumar Mishra by a 12 months after modifying his appointment order that was issued in 2018.
- His tenure was to finish subsequent week because the ED director’s submit comes with a set time period of two years.
- As per an order issued by the Department of Revenue below the Union finance ministry on Friday, the 2018 order for appointment of Mishra has been modified.
- “The President of India is happy to approve the modification within the earlier order dated November 19, 2018, appointing Shri Sanjay Kumar Mishra as director of enforcement within the Enforcement Directorate.
3. RBI imposes Rs 1 crore penalty on Punjab National Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore on Punjab National Bank for violating the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
- Punjab National Bank was working a bilateral ATM-sharing association with Druk PNB Bank Ltd., Bhutan, since April 2010 with out prior approval or authorisation from India’s banking regulator.
- RBI imposed the Rs 1 crore penalty for “contravention of nature referred to in Section 26 (6) of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (PSS Act).”
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Punjab National Bank Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Punjab National Bank MD and CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao.
- Punjab National Bank Founded: 19 May 1894, Lahore, Pakistan.
4. SBM Bank India set to launch a neo banking platform
- SBM Bank India, the wholly-owned subsidiary of State Bank of Mauritius has partnered with Fintech PayNearby to launch a neo banking platform.
- Both companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to construct an “open banking” community in direction of delivering fundamental banking options in addition to superior monetary providers, to their prospects.
- The partnership would allow the Bank to supply a whole suite of digital and assisted banking options via PayNearby’s community of micro-enterprise and retail touchpoints.
- The deployment of the banking module will likely be achieved in a phased method and can work seamlessly with the present platforms at PayNearby shops and touchpoints.
- SBM Bank India was the primary international financial institution in India to acquire a banking licence from the Reserve Bank of India to function as a Wholly Owned Subsidiary in January 2019.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- SBM Bank (India) Limited Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- SBM Bank (India) Limited MD and CEO: Sidharth Rath.
- SBM Bank (India) Limited Commenced Operations– 1st December 2018.
- SBM Bank (India) Limited Tagline: We make banking handy for you.
5. HDFC Bank, IndusInd in ‘red flag’ listing on nearing international funding cap
- HDFC Bank & IndusInd Bank have been put within the ‘red flag’ listing, a system used for monitoring international portfolio investor (FPI) limits.
- A listed firm enters the listing when the out there legroom for abroad funding is lower than 3% of the permissible restrict.
- FPIs can make investments as much as 74% in each HDFC Bank and IndusInd Bank.
- The present FPI shareholding in case of HDFC Bank is 71.3 per cent, whereas that of IndusInd Bank is 73. 1 per cent.
- Besides these two, Novartis India and Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care are the one different firms within the red-flag listing.
6. Dr Susanta Kar Honoured with Prof. A N Bhaduri Memorial Lecture Award-2020
- Dr Susanta Kar, Senior Scientist, Molecular Parasitology and Immunology, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research- Central Drug Research Institute (CSIR-CDRI) was honoured with “Prof. A N Bhaduri Memorial Lecture Award 2020” by Society of Biological Chemists (India), Bengaluru.
- The award is given to him for his contribution in direction of defining the survival techniques of Leishmania Donovani.
- Leishmania Donovani is a protozoan parasite that infects the macrophages and the causative agent of visceral leishmaniasis (Kala-Azar).
Science and Technology
7. SpaceX launches 4 astronauts into house
- SpaceX has launched Four Astronauts (3 Americans, 1 Japanese) to the International Space Station on the primary full-fledged taxi flight for NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) by a non-public firm.
- They have been launched by Falcon Rocket from the Kennedy Space Center.
- The capsule has been named as “Resilience”. The crew was led by Commander Mike Hopkins, Shannon Walker, Victor Glover (First Black Astronaut on a long-term house station) mission and Japan’s Soichi Noguchi (First individual in 40 years to launch on three forms of spacecraft).
8. Japanese Nobel-prize-winning Masatoshi Koshiba passes away
- Physicist Masatoshi Koshiba, who shared 2002 Nobel prize for the detection of cosmic neutrinos, handed away.
- Koshiba’s most well-known work concerned detecting neutrinos from a distant supernova explosion utilizing an unlimited detector based mostly in a mine in central Japan.
- Koshiba, a distinguished professor on the University of Tokyo. Koshiba devised the development of big underground chambers to detect neutrinos, elusive particles that stream from the solar.
- Neutrinos supply a novel view of the solar’s interior workings as a result of they’re produced in its coronary heart by the identical course of that causes the solar to shine.
- His pupil, Takaaki Kajita, received the Nobel Prize in physics in 2015 for analysis on the Super-Kamiokande facility that discovered neutrinos have mass.
9. Former Pondicherry Lt Guv Chandrawati passes away
- Former Lt Governor of Pondicherry, Chandrawati handed away. She has quite a few 1st to her credit score as she was the first Member of Parliament (1977), the first MLA, 1st minister (1964-66 and 1972-74) & 1st chief of Opposition within the Haryana meeting (1982-85).
- Chandrawati had additionally served because the president of the Janata Party from 1977 to 1979.
10. PM Narendra Modi unveils Swami Vivekananda’s statue on JNU
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled a statue of Swami Vivekananda in Jawaharlal Nehru University Campus, New Delhi via video conferencing.
- It took famend sculptor Naresh Kumawat seven months to finish this statue of Swami Vivekananda on the JNU campus.
- Located about 300 metres from a statue of India’s first prime minister, the statue of Swami Vivekananda is about three toes taller than that of Jawaharlal Nehru.
- The occasion was additionally attended by Union Minister for Education Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and JNU vice-chancellor Jagadesh Kumar.