The National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, Invest India has partnered with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India to develop the first-ever ‘SDG Investor Map for India’. The map lays out 18 Investment Opportunities Areas (IOAs) in six crucial SDG enabling sectors, that may assist India to maneuver ahead on Sustainable Development path. This initiative is an instrumental stride in India’s improvement trajectory.
The Map comes at a crucial time for India. With the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic, the financing hole for the SDGs in India has solely widened additional and many years of improvement progress is almost on the verge of a reversal. Investing within the SDGs at this level is essential to ‘Building Back Better’ and making the financial system and our societies extra resilient and sustainable. Enhanced productiveness, know-how adoption and elevated inclusion are all crucial components that this map makes use of to establish essentially the most engaging sectors for buyers.
| | |
About SDG Investor Map Report for India:
- This data-backed analysis and insights will act because the blueprints to offer a greater understanding of how finest the SDG financing hole could be diminished in India.
- The improvement pathway of India will decide the achievements of the worldwide environmental social targets, due to this fact it’s crucial to make sure that these pathways are sustainable, resilient and equitable.
- The 6 SDG sectors embrace schooling, healthcare, agriculture & allied actions, monetary providers, renewable power & options and sustainable setting and the IOA’s in these sectors had been chosen by way of an analytical course of which embrace consultations with main home and worldwide buyers, authorities stakeholders and think-tanks.
- 10 out of the 18 recognized IOA’s are mature investable areas which have sturdy personal fairness and enterprise capital exercise and have firms which have demonstrated profitability.
- The remaining 8 areas are rising alternatives which have skilled traction from early-stage buyers.
- Government continues to indicate sturdy help for the SDGs and sustainable restoration, mobilizing this type of capital and supporting the on-ground innovation wanted to satisfy the SDG targets by 2030
Key highlights of the SDG Investor Map:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has elevated the SDG financing hole by round 400 billion USD in creating worldwide areas together with the pre-COVID19 shortfall of round 2 to 2.5 trillion USD each year.
- Around 50% of the chosen IOA’s have historic investments and have yielded Internal Rate of Return(IRRs) greater than 20%.
- Around 84% of IOA’s have funding time frames from brief time period (lower than 5 years) to medium time period(5 to fifteen years).
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Invest India is a non-profit enterprise beneath the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Invest India MD and CEO: Deepak Bagla.
- Invest India Established: 2009.
- Invest India Headquarter: New Delhi.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.