The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), has gained the distinguished International King Bhumibol World Soil Day Award for 2020. The award was introduced yearly by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). The award was conferred to the ICAR on the event of World Soil Day, on December 5. ICAR India will formally obtain the award by Her Royal Highness, Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand, throughout an occasion in Bangkok in January 2021.
| | |
Why is that this award being given to ICMR?
- ICAR has been conferred the award for its dedication to elevating consciousness of the significance of wholesome soils on the World Soil Day celebration in 2019, which addressed soil erosion beneath the motto “Stop soil erosion, save our future”.
- The programme was organised by Bhopal-based Indian Institute of Soil Science, an autonomous institute for increased studying, established beneath the umbrella of Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
About the award:
The King Bhumibol World Soil Day Award was launched in 2018, to acknowledge people or establishments that elevate public consciousness of soils by organising profitable and influential World Soil Day celebrations. The award is sponsored by the Kingdom of Thailand.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Food and Agriculture Organization Head: Qu Dongyu
- Food and Agriculture Organization Headquarters: Rome, Italy.
- Food and Agriculture Organization Established: 16 October 1945.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.