Indian Coast Guard’s (ICG) Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) ‘Sujeet’, which is second within the collection of 5 OPVs was commissioned on the Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) in Vasco Town, Goa by Raj Kumar, Secretary (Defence Production).
The vessel has been designed and constructed indigenously by GSL. The 1st ship in collection – ICGS (ICG Ship) Sachet was commissioned by Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in May 2020. The ship was commissioned within the presence of K Natarajan, Director General of Indian Coast Guard and others.
| | |
- Sujeet has been geared up with options like Integrated Bridge System, Integrated platform administration system, energy administration system and excessive energy exterior fire-fighting.
- It is able to carrying 1 twin-engine helicopter, 4 high-speed boats, 2 inflatable boats for boarding operations, search and rescue, regulation enforcement and maritime patrol.
- The ship will probably be primarily based at Goa and will probably be deployed extensively for EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone) surveillance and different duties.
- The ship will probably be 105 metres lengthy and weigh 2400 tonnes.
- At current, ICG has acknowledged that it has 155 ships and 62 Aircraft at its disposal with 35 extra ships in numerous phases of development at shipyards throughout India.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Director General of ICG: KrishnaswamyNatarajan
- Indian Coast Guard Headquarters: New Delhi.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.