The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has arrange a devoted Space Situational Awareness (SSA) Control Centre named “NETRA”, at its ISTRAC campus at Peenya, Bengaluru. The ISRO SSA Control Centre ‘NETRA’ was formally inaugurated by ISRO Chairman K Sivan.
| | |
What is NETRA?
- The “NEtwork for space object TRacking and Analysis (NETRA)” will monitor, monitor and shield India’s house property. It will operate as a hub of all SSA actions inside India.
- It has been arrange as a ‘Directorate of Space Situational Awareness and Management (DSSAM)’ aiming to guard excessive valued house property from house particles shut approaches and collisions.
- The state-of-the-art facility, devoted to SSA actions, will even assist to coordinate between Indian businesses, their international counterparts and worldwide our bodies.
- The principal parts of NETRA can be a radar, an optical telescope facility, and a management centre.
What is Space Situational Awareness (SSA)?
- SSA is the science of monitoring objects (man-made and pure) which might be in orbit and likewise predicting what they might be at a given time limit.
- Only the US, Russia and Europe have related facility in place to trace house objects and share collision warnings.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- ISRO Chairman: K.Sivan.
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.