India’s “Vaccine Maitri” Initiative begins
Vaccine Maitri Initiative is an initiative launched by India to present COVID-19 vaccines to neighbouring international locations. Recently, Sri Lanka and Bahrain have acquired the COVID-19 vaccines from India underneath the initiative. The Vaccine Maitri initiative was launched by India on January 20 to present COVID-19 vaccines to neighbouring international locations.
WARRIOR 5.0 Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams Banking Awareness Online Coaching |
About the initiative:
- Sri Lanka has acquired 5 lakh Covid-19 vaccines from India as part of the “Vaccine Maitri” initiative.
- Consignment of vaccines has additionally been despatched to Bahrain. The nation will obtain 10,800 vaccines underneath the initiative.
- India has already delivered over 5 million doses to seven international locations within the neighbourhood underneath the initiative earlier than Sri Lanka and Bahrain.
- The 7 international locations are- the Maldives (100,000 vaccines), Bhutan (150,000 vaccines), Nepal (1 million vaccines), Bangladesh (2 million vaccines), Myanmar (1.5 million vaccines), Mauritius (100,000 vaccines), and Seychelles (50,000 vaccines).
- Commercial provides of Covishield have additionally been despatched to Morocco, Brazil, (2 million doses every), and Bangladesh (5 million doses).
COVID-19 Vaccination in India:
The COVID-19 vaccination programme began in India on January 16, 2021, with the 2 permitted vaccines (Emergency-use) – Covishield and Covaxin. In section 1, well being staff are being vaccinated adopted by individuals above the age of 50 years.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.