GK Update of third February 2021 overlaying the next information headlines: Aadi Mahotsav, Tejas Light Combat Aircraft, Google, Maya, fiftieth Kerala State Film Awards.
1. Venkaiah Naidu Inaugurates National Tribal Festival “Aadi Mahotsav”
- The Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the National Tribal Festival “Aadi Mahotsav” at Dilli Haat, INA, New Delhi. The Aadi Mahotsav 2021 is being organized from February 1-15, 2021. The competition goals to familiarise the folks with the wealthy and numerous craft, the tradition of the tribal communities throughout the nation, in a single place.
- The Aadi Mahotsav – A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Crafts, Cuisine and Commerce – is an annual initiative being organized by TRIFED, Ministry of Tribal Affairs since 2017.
- The competition will comprise of show and sale of tribal artwork and craft, medication & healers, delicacies and folks performances, wherein round 1000 tribal artisans, artists and cooks from greater than 20 States of the nation shall take part and supply a glimpse of their wealthy conventional tradition.
2. Rajnath Singh inaugurates HAL’s second Tejas Light Combat Aircraft’s
- Defence minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) second Light Combat Aircraft (LCA)-Tejas manufacturing line in Bengaluru, forward of the upcoming Aero India 2021.
- The deal to be signed within the subsequent few days with HAL would strengthen the Indian Air Force’s fleet of homegrown fighter jet ‘LCA-Tejas’ and total fight functionality.
- Last month, the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS), chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, had accepted the biggest indigenous defence procurement deal price about Rs 48,000 crores to purchase 83 LCA Tejas Mark1A fighter jets.
- The Aero India, which offers a platform for aerospace firms to showcase their services is scheduled to be held from February 3 to five on the Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bengaluru. During the inaugural day, 41 plane together with Dakota, Su-30 MKI would take part within the flight show whereas there can be 63 plane on static show.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited: CMD: R Madhavan;
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited HQ: Bengaluru.
3. Ford joins hand with Google to supply cloud-based information companies
- Ford Motor Co has joined palms with Alphabet Inc’s Google to cooperate in software program, synthetic intelligence and cloud computing, to develop new client companies and modernize inner operations.
- The automaker will deploy Google synthetic intelligence expertise to enhance the effectivity of car improvement, provide chain and manufacturing operations.
- The Dearborn, Michigan-based automaker has entered right into a six-year partnership with the tech big, below which it would incorporate the Android working system of the Google into its Ford and Lincoln autos beginning in 2023. The clients of Ford will get built-in Google apps, together with its map and voice expertise.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Ford Motor Co-Founder: Henry Ford.
- Ford Motor Co-Founded: 16 June 1903, Detroit, Michigan, United States.
- CEO of Google: Sundar Pichai; Headquarters: California, United States.
Science and Technology News
4. Hubballi college students “Maya” prepared to help you at banks
- Engineering school college students in Hubballi, Karnataka have give you ‘Maya’, a robotic that has been programmed to serve in banks and speaks in lots of regional languages.
- The college students of the Automation and Robotics division of KLE Technological University have spent practically eight months and spent Rs 5 lakh to develop the robotic.
- It was developed maintaining banking sectors in thoughts and programmed with all banking actions akin to advising the purchasers on opening accounts, sending them to designated counters for queries.
- With the assistance of synthetic intelligence, it recognises clients’ faces and responds to them by utilizing a chatbot. After the banking hours, it mechanically goes to the docking yard and prices its batteries with out the assistance of any human being.
5. fiftieth Kerala State Film Awards conferred
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has introduced the fiftieth Kerala State Film Awards 2019 and the J C Daniel Award at a operate right here. Pinarayi Vijayan launched the stamp printed in reference to the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK).
- Veteran filmmaker Hariharan, who was conferred with the J C Daniel Award, is an artist who had travelled with cinema for about half a century and made movies which went on to turn into milestones within the annals of Malayalam tinsel city. The movie awards have been additionally distributed. Culture Minister A K Balan presided.
6. A.R. Rahman introduced ‘Alert Being Icon Award’
- Music composer AR Rahman and social activist from Saidapet Hari Krishnan have been among the many 14 individuals who have been introduced the fourth version of the Alert Being Awards 2020 by the NGO ALERT, for his or her Good Samaritan work.
- In his video message, Mr Rahman stated ALERT had been doing a superb job in empowering a typical man to avoid wasting lives. Hari Krishnan had been appointed by the Greater Chennai Corporation as a district volunteer head for Covid-19 aid work.
- The Alert Being Icon Award for an organisation was introduced to the Biocon Foundation based by Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
- Thirty COVID-19 warriors have been honoured with Alert Being Covid Frontline Warrior for his or her contribution through the pandemic. Alert Being Awards 2020 obtained 156 nominations from 15 States and 35 districts throughout India.
7. Former pacer Merv Hughes inducted into Australian Cricket Hall of Fame
- Former right-arm quick bowler Merv Hughes has been inducted into the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame.
- The 59-year-old performed 53 Tests and 33 ODIs for Australia in a profession spanning from 1985 to 1994, throughout which he captured 212 Test wickets and 38 ODI wickets.
- His career-best figures of 8-87 in opposition to the West Indies on the WACA in 1988 included the ultimate wicket of a hat-trick unfold throughout three separate overs, two innings and two completely different days. In 2005, Hughes grew to become a selector for the Australian cricket staff, a task he would maintain by till 2010.
Books and Authors News
8. Dalai Lama pens new e book ‘The Little Book of Encouragement’
- Tibetan non secular chief the Dalai Lama has come out along with his new e book titled ‘The Little Book of Encouragement’, wherein he has shared quotes and phrases of knowledge to advertise human happiness. The e book has been edited by Renuka Singh and printed by Penguin Random House.
- The Little Book of Encouragement comprises 130 quotes associated to learn how to take care of the brand new realities of the panic-stricken world, fight rising extremism, polarity and local weather change apart from Dalai Lama’s views on Tibet.
9. Ministry of Education launched ASEAN India Hackathon 2021
- The Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has addressed the inaugural ceremony of the ASEAN India Hackathon 2021 on February 1. The Ministry of Education has launched the ASEAN India Hackathon 2021.
- The ASEAN India Hackathon 2021 is being carried out nearly from February 1 to three, 2021. The 10 ASEAN international locations are- Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Brunei, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam.
- The ASEAN-INDIA Hackathon is an initiative by PM Modi and is launched by the Ministry of Education.
- This distinctive hackathon presents alternatives for India and all the ten ASEAN international locations to enhance and strengthen their financial and cultural ties by cooperation in science and expertise and training.
10. India will get its first Centre for Wetland Conservation and Management
- A devoted Centre for Wetland Conservation and Management (CWCM) has been established on the National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management(NCSCM), Chennai, an establishment below the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- This was introduced by Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Babul Supriyo on the event of the World Wetland Day on 2nd February 2021.
- The devoted CWCM Centre would tackle particular analysis wants and data gaps, give a fillip to capability improvement and cutting-edge analysis on wetlands of India, in addition to help within the utility of built-in approaches for conservation, administration and smart use of the wetlands.