The Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICG) named C-453 was commissioned into companies in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. This was the seventeenth interceptor boats out of the 18 that are being indigenously constructed by Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
About the C-453:
- It is a 27.80-m-long interceptor boat. The boat has a displacement of 105 tonnes. It can attain a most velocity of 45 knots (85 kmph).
- It is succesful to undertake multifarious duties corresponding to surveillance, close-coast patrol, interdiction, and search & rescue. It may even present help to the boats and craft in case of misery at sea.
Functions of the interceptor boat:
The ship can be deployed to do surveillance of the Exclusive Economic Zone and different duties in accordance with the Coast Guard Charter. This will assist in safeguarding the maritime pursuits of India.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd CEO: S. N. Subrahmanyan.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd Founded: 7 February 1938, Mumbai.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd Headquarters: Mumbai.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.