L&T-built Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) ICGS Vajra was commissioned into the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) by General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Defence Staff, at Chennai. ICGS Vajra is the sixth vessel within the collection of seven OPVs being constructed by L&T beneath a Ministry of Defence contract signed within the 12 months 2015. Like the 5 OPVs within the collection, ICGS Vajra was additionally delivered forward of the contractual schedule.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & different exams
What is an Offshore Patrol Vessel?
- OPVs are long-range floor ships, able to operation in maritime zones of India, together with island territories with helicopter operation capabilities.
- Their roles embrace coastal and offshore patrolling, policing maritime zones of India, management and surveillance, anti-smuggling and anti-piracy operations with restricted wartime roles. It can attain a sustained pace of as much as 26 knots.
- The complete design and building course of has been licensed by the American Bureau of Shipping in addition to the Indian Registrar of Shipping and overseen by the ICG’s resident workforce at Kattupalli.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Director-General of Indian Coast Guard: Krishnaswamy Natarajan.
- Indian Coast Guard Headquarters: New Delhi.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.