Veteran Atomic Scientist and Former Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission(AEC), Sekhar Basu handed away as a consequence of COVID-19. He served because the Secretary to the Government of India, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and as director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC). He was born on September 20, 1952, in Muzaffarpur, Bihar.
| | |
- He developed the extremely advanced reactor for INS Arihant, India’s 1st nuclear-powered submarine.
- He was the important thing particular person behind the design, development and operation of nuclear recycle crops in Tarapur and Kalpakkam.
- He additionally performed an important function within the improvement of the Indian Neutrino Observatory in Tamil Nadu.
Awards and honours:
- He was the recipient of PadmaShri (2014).
- He obtained awards specifically, Indian Nuclear Society Award (2002), DAE Group Achievement Award (2006) & DAE Special Achievement Award(2007) amongst others.
- He was a Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) and Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ISNT).