Indian authorities bans import of air conditioners with refrigerants
• The Government of India to advertise home manufacturing and reduce imports of non-essential gadgets has determined to ban the imports of air conditioners with refrigerants.
• In a notification, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has knowledgeable that the import coverage of the air conditioners together with the refrigerants has been amended from free to prohibited.
• The step may be seen within the mild of PM Modi’s Aatma Nirbhar Abhiyaan which goals at strengthening the home market of India to lower the dependence on international market.
World Food Day celebrated on October 16, 2020
• The World Food Day is being noticed all around the world on October 16, 2020. This day was noticed for the primary time in 1979 as a day for motion in opposition to the starvation.
• This day additionally marks the inspiration of UN’s Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) in 1945.
• The World Food Day highlights the necessity for the worldwide solidarity so as to assist all of the inhabitants. It particularly at serving to those that are most susceptible to get well from any type of disaster. This day additionally focuses at making meals methods extra resilient and strong.
• Bishow Parajuli, the Representative and Country Director of World Food Programme (WFP), India whereas commenting on today said that numerous persons are nonetheless going hungry on this world. We want to return collectively as a world group to remove the starvation.
Centre lifts restrictions on the export of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• The central authorities has lifted all of the restrictions that have been imposed on the export of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• In a notification, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has knowledgeable that the export of hand sanitizer which can be alcohol based mostly in container with dispenser pumps is free for export.
• This transfer by the central authorities has made the export of alcohol-based hand sanitizer in any form of packaging freely exportable with a direct impact.
Union Health Ministry deputes high-level central groups to five COVID-19 hit states
• Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has deputed high-level Central groups to fives states- Kerala, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and West Bengal, which have been reporting a surge within the variety of new COVID-19 infections in current days.
• The high-level Central groups will assist the efforts of the states in the direction of, surveillance, testing, strengthening containment, an infection prevention and different type of management measures.
• The groups may even lend assist to the states in the direction of environment friendly scientific administration of the optimistic instances.
Supreme Court of India appoints one decide committee to watch stubble burning case
• The Supreme Court of India appointed Justice (Retired) Madan B Lokur to behave because the one-man monitoring committee so as to stop stubble burning in Haryana, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh.
• While listening to a plea highlighting the issue of stubble burning within the talked about states, a bench headed by Chief Justice SA Bobde, said that the courtroom has been solely involved that the Delhi-NCR residents get to breathe recent air.
• The bench additionally knowledgeable that the committee which will probably be monitoring the stubble burning and can take preventive steps will probably be getting help from Chief Secretaries of all of the states.