The researchers at IIT Kharagpur have developed ‘COVIRAP,’ the Covid-19 diagnostic take a look at know-how, which is pretty straightforward to conduct and reasonably priced as nicely and may produce outcomes inside one hour. This COVIRAP know-how has been efficiently validated for its efficacy in COVID-19 detection by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and been granted certification, after rigorous testing with affected person samples by a licensed ICMR laboratory.
- This testing know-how is similar to the celebrated RT-PCR checks, and can simply price the widespread folks with a testing price of round Rs 500.
- COVIRAP is a cuboid-shaped transportable testing machine that may ship leads to an hour, making it an efficient software to scale up coronavirus screening in peripheral and rural areas.
- This machine will be developed at a price of lower than Rs 10,000 with minimal infrastructural requirement making the know-how reasonably priced to widespread folks. The testing course of on this new machine is accomplished inside one hour.
- This implies influenza, malaria, dengue, Japanese encephalitis, tuberculosis and plenty of different infectious, in addition to vector-borne illnesses, will be examined utilizing the identical machine.
- This will just about minimise the necessity for thermal cyclers or real-time PCR machines, with out sacrificing the anticipated excessive requirements of a molecular diagnostic take a look at.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Director, IIT Kharagpur: Prof. Virendra Kumar Tewari.
- IIT Kharagpur Headquarters: Kharagpur, West Bengal.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.