The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi has devoted Atal Tunnel to the nation, on third October 2020. In December 2019, the Government has determined to call the Rohtang Tunnel as Atal Tunnel in honour of the previous Prime Minister and scholar Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The Atal Bihari Vajpayee authorities had taken the choice to assemble a strategic tunnel beneath the Rohtang Pass on June 3, 2000, and the muse stone for the entry highway to the south portal of the tunnel was laid on May 26, 2002.
About Atal Tunnel:
- Atal Tunnel is the world’s longest freeway tunnel above 10,000 ft from the Mean Sea Level (MSL).
- The tunnel has been named after former Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Atal tunnel has been constructed, by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO), beneath the Rohtang Pass within the jap Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas on the Leh-Manali Highway in Himachal Pradesh.
- The whole size of the tunnel is 9.02 km and at an elevation of 3,100 metres (10,171 ft).
- The total price of completion of the mission is round Rs. 3200 crore.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.
SeeCloseCommentNext Post Previous Post