The Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh lately handed over three indigenously developed excessive expertise programs to chiefs of the three armed forces: the Indian Army, the Indian Navy and the Indian Air Force. The three programs particularly, Border Surveillance System (BOSS), Indian Maritime Situational Awareness System (IMSAS) and ASTRA Mk-I Missile, have been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
| | |
- Border Surveillance System (BOSS)
- BOSS is an all-weather digital surveillance system. It was handed over to Army Chief General M M Naravane.
- BOSS has already been deployed in Ladakh towards the Chinese troops for day and night time surveillance.
- It has been designed and developed by Instruments Research & Development Establishment (IRDE), Dehradun and is being produced by Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Machlipatnam.
- The system facilitates monitoring and surveillance by mechanically detecting the intrusions in harsh high-altitude sub-zero temperature areas with distant operation functionality.
2. Indian maritime situational consciousness system (IMSAS)
- It was handed to Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh.
- The IMSAS is a state-of-the-art high-performance clever software program system that gives Global Maritime Situational Picture, Marine planning instruments and Analytical capabilities to Indian Navy.
- The product is collectively conceptualised and developed by Centre for Artificial Intelligence & Robotics (CAIR), Bengaluru and Indian Navy, whereas it’s being produced by BEL, Bengaluru.
3. Astra Mk-1 missile system
- It was handed over to Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria.
- This missile is the primary indigenously developed past visible vary (BVR) missile that may be launched from Sukhoi-30, Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Mig-29 and Mig-29K.
- ASTRA weapon system has been developed by Defence Research & Development Laboratory (DRDL) and manufacturing by Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) Hyderabad.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.