Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has been awarded with the celebrated Golden Peacock Environment Management Award for the yr 2020 within the Steel Sector by the Institute of Directors. The firm has been the winner of this award for successive two years and this bears testimony to the efforts made by it for sustainable and environmentally accountable metal making. This award is likely one of the most coveted awards within the class.
| | |
Why this award was given to SAIL?
- SAIL, as its Corporate Responsibility for Environment Protection constantly focuses on adopting varied environmental measures together with, upgrading of air pollution management amenities, remedy & recirculation of wastewater from particular person items & outfalls, enhancement within the inexperienced cowl in & round Plants & Units, environment friendly dealing with of various strong wastes (viz. course of waste, hazardous waste, canteen/township waste), carbon sequestration via afforestation, eco-restoration of mined out space, amongst others.
- Also, the impression of SAIL’s initiatives and finest practices on bettering cleaner atmosphere, lowering emissions & discharges, mitigating impacts of local weather change and serving to the Company to conduct its operations in environmentally benign method has been acknowledged.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Chairman of SAIL: Anil Kumar Chaudhary.
- SAIL Headquarters: New Delhi.
- SAIL based: 19 January 1954.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.