India’s first indigenous 9mm Machine Pistol has been collectively developed by DRDO and Indian Army. Infantry School, Mhow and DRDO’s Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune have designed and developed this weapon utilizing their respective experience within the complementary areas. The weapon has been developed in a document time of 4 months. The weapon is aptly named “Asmi” that means “Pride”, “Self-Respect” & “Hard Work”.
About the Machine Pistol:
- The Machine Pistol fires the in-service 9mm ammunition and sports activities an higher receiver created from aircraft-grade Aluminium and decrease receiver from carbon fibre.
- The 3D Printing course of has been utilized in designing and prototyping of varied components together with set off elements made by metallic 3D printing.
- The weapon has large potential in Armed forces as a private weapon for heavy weapon detachments, commanders, tank and plane crews, drivers/dispatch riders, radio/radar operators, Closed Quarter Battle, counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations and so forth.
- This can be more likely to discover large employability with the central and state police organizations in addition to VIP safety duties and Policing.
- The Machine Pistol is more likely to have a manufacturing value below rupees 50000 every and has potential for exports.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Secretary Department of Defence Research and Development & Chairman DRDO: Dr G Satheesh Reddy.
- DRDO Headquarters: New Delhi.
- DRDO Established: 1958.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.