Maharashtra launches ‘jail tourism’ initiative from Pune’s Yerawada jail
The Prison Department of Maharashtra has launched its jail tourism initiative beginning with greater than 150-year-old Yerawada Central Prison in Pune. The initiative was launched in a transfer to assist college students study historic experiences.
WARRIOR 5.0 Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams Banking Awareness Online Coaching |
About the Yerawada jail:
- Yerawada jail is 150 years outdated the place a number of freedom fighters, together with Mahatma Gandhi, Lokmanya Tilak had been imprisoned, Pune-pact was signed throughout the premises and so on.
- The guests will even get to see the faasi yard, the world the place the dying sentence is executed.
- This is the place the place Chapekar brothers had been executed in 1899 for the assassination of British Plague Commissioner of Pune WC Rand.
- The final execution that the faasi yard witnessed was in November 2012 of Ajmal Kasab, a convict of 26/11 assaults, who was buried contained in the jail premises.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray; Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.