The Indian overseas minister S Jaishankar was on an official go to to 2 key Indian Ocean area countries- Maldives and Mauritius. The External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar visited the Island nation Mauritius to overview the great and vital bilateral relationship between the 2 nations. India signed a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) or (Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Partnership Agreement-(CECPA)) with Mauritius.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & different exams
About the settlement:
- The FTA or CECPA is the primary such pact with any African nation, and can assist Mauritius to emerge as a “hub of Africa”.
- India has additionally supplied a USD 100 million Line of Credit (LoC) to Mauritius to facilitate the procurement of defence belongings.
- Apart from this, an settlement has additionally been signed between the 2 nations to supply a Dornier plane and an Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv on lease to Mauritius on a free of charge foundation for two years, in order that the nation can perform patrolling actions and monitor its huge maritime area extra successfully.
- India delivered 100,000 doses of Made in India COVID-19 vaccines to the nation. It had equipped 100,000 doses earlier. Both the nations additionally signed MoU on Consumer Protection and a Contract for an 8 MW photo voltaic plant.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Prime Minister of Mauritius: Pravind Jugnauth; President: Prithvirajsing Roopun.
- Mauritius Currency: Mauritian rupee.
- Mauritius Capital: Port Louis.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.