External Affairs Minister (EAM), S. Jaishankar was on a two-day official go to to the archipelago nation the Maldives to assessment bilateral ties and growth cooperation. During this go to, Mr S Jaishankar handed over 1 lakh extra doses of the made-in-India COVID-19 vaccine to the Maldives. With this, the whole Covid vaccine doses gifted by India for the Maldives reaches two lakh. Jaishankar additionally supplied a $40-million line of credit score (LoC) to help the event of sports activities infrastructure within the Maldives.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & different exams
Apart from this, 5 pacts have been signed between India and Maldives to spice up infrastructure within the island nation. They included:
- Amendatory Agreement to repurpose an older EXIM Bank of India Line of Credit of USD 25 million for Road Devt.
- Letter of Intent between EXIM Bank and native authorities for financing a housing venture of 2000 models in Hulhumale.
- MoU on grant funding USD 0.5 million for a fish processing plant in Kendhikulhudhoo within the northern Maldives.
- MoU on capability constructing and trade of content material and experience between Prasar Bharati and Public State Media, Maldives.
- MoU on sustainable city growth between MoHUA and Ministry of nationwide planning, housing and infrastructure, Maldives.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- President of the Maldives: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
- Capital of Maldives: Male; Currency of the Maldives: Maldivian Rufiyaa.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.