India’s first-ever geothermal energy venture will probably be applied by state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) at Puga village of jap Ladakh. The venture, often called Geothermal Field Development Project, will probably be applied in three phases and is deliberate to fee by the tip of 2022.
A tripartite settlement for this historic geothermal venture was signed between Union Territory Administration Ladakh, Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC)-Leh and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Energy Centre on February 08, 2021.
WARRIOR 5.0 Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams Banking Awareness Online Coaching |
The record of advantages of the initiatives are
- Energy from the venture will probably be used for giving round the clock energy provides to neighbouring villages
- Hot Water from the springs will probably be used for space-heating
- Constructing scorching swimming swimming pools to draw vacationers
- The improvement of geothermal potential will probably be helpful throughout winter months, as Ladakh’s hydropower stations are shut or work at decrease efficiencies because of low stream charges.
- Geothermal Energy is Renewable because it generates energy from the warmth rising out of Earth’s inside.
- Unlike Solar and Wind vitality, it’s accessible 24 hours a day & one year a 12 months.
- It additionally emits 80% fewer greenhouse gases in comparison with coal and oil.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- ONGC Energy CentreChairman & Managing Director: Shashi Shanker.
- ONGC Energy Centre Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh: Radha Krishna Mathur.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.