The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has constituted an eight-member skilled committee on Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs) to look at points and counsel a street map for strengthening the sector. The committee can be chaired by the previous RBI Deputy Governor N. S. Vishwanathan.
WARRIOR 5.0 Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams Banking Awareness Online Coaching |
Role of the Committee
- Assess the regulatory measures taken by the RBI and different authorities in respect of UCBs and their affect during the last 5 years to establish key constraints and enablers in fulfilment of their socio-economic goal.
- Review the present regulatory strategy and advocate appropriate measures to strengthen the sector.
- Suggest efficient measures for sooner rehabilitation and determination of UCBs and assess the potential for consolidation within the sector
- Harsh Kumar Bhanwala: Former Chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) ,
- Mukund Chitale: Chartered Accountant
- NC Muniyappa and RN Joshi: retired Indian Administrative Service officers
- MS Sriram: IIM Bengaluru Professor
- Jyotindra Mehta: President of the National Federation of Urban Cooperative Banks and Credit Societies
- Neeraj Nigam: Chief General Manager-in-Charge, Department of Regulation, RBI
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- RBI twenty fifth Governor: Shaktikant Das; Headquarters: Mumbai; Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.