UN chief Antonio Guterres has appointed main Indian economist Ligia Noronha as Assistant Secretary-General and Head of the New York Office of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Prior to becoming a member of the UNEP, Noronha labored at The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in New Delhi as Executive Director (Research Coordination) and as Director of the Division on Resources, Regulation and Global Security.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & different exams
About Ligia Noronha:
- Noronha is an economist with over 30 years of worldwide expertise within the discipline of sustainable growth.
- She has labored since 2014 as Director of UNEP’s Economy Division primarily based in Nairobi, main UNEP’s work on local weather mitigation and vitality transitions; on inclusive inexperienced economies, sustainable consumption and manufacturing, in addition to on commerce and sustainable finance, and the nexus of atmosphere, air pollution and well being.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- United Nations Environment Programme Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya.
- United Nations Environment Programme Head: Inger Andersen.
- United Nations Environment Programme Founder: Maurice Strong.
- United Nations Environment Programme Founded: 5 June 1972.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.