On the event of World Water Day, the governments of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh signed an settlement with the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti to implement the Ken-Betwa river interlinking venture. The important objective of this venture is to hold water from surplus areas to drought-prone and water-scarce area via the interlinking of rivers.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & different exams
Under the venture:
- The surplus water might be transferred from the Ken river in Panna district in Madhya Pradesh to the Betwa river in Uttar Pradesh.
- The venture will profit the Bundelkhand area of Uttar Pradesh, by resolving the water shortage and thus carry prosperity to this area.
- The water might be transferred via the development of the Dhaudan Dam and a 221 km-long canal.
- The Ken-Betwa Link Project will present annual irrigation of 2.51 lakh hectares, 1,700 million cubic meters (mcm) of water to Uttar Pradesh and consuming water provide to about 62 lakh individuals and likewise generate 103 MW of hydropower.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Uttar Pradesh Governor: Anandiben Patel.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath.
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Shivraj Singh Chouhan; Governor: Anandiben Patel.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.
SeeCloseCommentNext Post Previous Post