25th & 26th April 2021 Current Affairs
GK Update of twenty fifth and twenty sixth April 2021 protecting the next information headlines: World Intellectual Property Day, SVAMITVA scheme, VARUNA, Vivad se Vishwas, National Panchayat Awards 2021.
1. PM Modi Launches Extension of ‘SVAMITVA scheme’ Across India
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the distribution of e-property playing cards below the SVAMITVA scheme on National Panchayati Raj Day on April 24, 2021, by way of video conferencing. SVAMITVA stands for Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas.
- The launch marked the rollout of the implementation of the SVAMITVA scheme throughout the whole nation. About 4.09 lakh property house owners got their e-property playing cards throughout the occasion, in additional than 5 thousand villages.
2. Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana takes oath as forty eighth CJI
- Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana was sworn in because the forty eighth Chief Justice of India (CJI) on April 24, 2021. Justice Ramana was administered the oath of workplace by President Ram Nath Kovind at a quick ceremony held on the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- He succeeds Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde who demitted workplace on April 23, 2021. Justice Ramana will function the Chief Justice until 26 August 2022.
3. nineteenth India-Franch Naval Exercise “VARUNA” begins
- The nineteenth version of the Indian and French Navy bilateral train ‘VARUNA-2021’ carried out within the Arabian Sea from 25 to 27 April 2021.
- During the three day train, the items of each the navies will undertake excessive tempo-naval operations at sea, which can embrace superior air defence and anti-submarine workout routines, intense mounted and rotary wing flying operations, tactical manoeuvres, floor and anti-air weapon firings, underway replenishment and different maritime safety operations.
- The Indian Navy will take part with its guided-missile stealth destroyer INS Kolkata, guided-missile frigates INS Tarkash and INS Talwar, Fleet Support Ship INS Deepak, with Seaking 42B and Chetak integral helicopters, a Kalvari class submarine and P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft.
- The French Navy might be represented by the Aircraft Carrier Charles-de-Gaulle with Rafale-M fighter, E2C Hawkeye plane and helicopters Caïman M and Dauphin embarked, Horizon-class Air defence destroyer Chevalier Paul, Aquitaine-class multi-mission frigate FNS Provence with a Caïman M helicopter embarked and Command and provide ship battle.
Schemes and Committees News
4. Government Extends ‘Vivad se Vishwas’ scheme Deadline until 30 June 2021
- The authorities has as soon as once more prolonged the deadline for making cost below the direct tax dispute settlement scheme ‘Vivad Se Vishwas’ by two months until June 30, 2021 to supply reduction to the taxpayers going through hardships amid the pandemic.
- This is the fourth time that the deadline is being prolonged by the Ministry of Finance, because the launch of the scheme. The deadline was prolonged for the primary time from March 31, 2020, to June 30, 2020, adopted by December 31, 2020, after which once more until March 31, 2021.
5. RBI cancels licence of Bhagyodaya Friends Urban Co-operative Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the licence of Maharashtra-based Bhagyodaya Friends Urban Co-operative Bank Limited as a consequence of insufficient capital.
- On liquidation, each depositor is entitled to obtain deposit insurance coverage declare quantity of his/her deposits as much as a financial ceiling of Rs 5 lakhs from the DICGC topic to the provisions of the DICGC Act, 1961.
6. National Panchayat Awards 2021
- The National Panchayat Awards 2021 was conferred by PM Modi. Prime Minister will switch the award cash (as Grants-in-Aid) by way of the press of a button, starting from Rs.5 lakh to Rs.50 lakh.
- The quantity might be immediately transferred to the checking account of the Panchayats involved in real-time. This is being carried out for the primary time.
The National Panchayat Awards 2021 are being conferred below the next classes:
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar to 224 panchayats,
- Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar to 30-gram panchayats, Gram
- Panchayat Development Plan Award to 29-gram panchayats, Child-friendly Gram
- Panchayat Award to 30 Gram Panchayats and e-Panchayat Puraskar to 12 states.
7. World Malaria Day: 25 April
- The World Malaria Day (WMD) is noticed globally on 25 April every year to acknowledge the efforts of the folks worldwide to manage malaria. The Day was established in May 2007 on the sixtieth session of the World Health Assembly, WHO’s the decision-making physique. The theme of World Malaria Day 2021 is ‘Reaching the zero malaria target’.
- World Malaria Day was developed from Africa Malaria Day which was first held in 2008. It is mainly an event that had been noticed since 2001 by African governments. They labored in direction of the progress objective which aimed towards controlling malaria and reduces its mortality in African nations.
8. International Delegate’s Day: 25 April
- International Delegate’s Day noticed globally on 25 April yearly. This day is noticed to lift consciousness of the function of the representatives and delegates of the Member States to the United Nations.
- International Delegate’s Day marks the anniversary of the primary day of the San Francisco Conference which is also referred to as the United Nations Conference on International Organization. On 25 April 1945, delegates from 50 nations got here collectively for the primary time in San Francisco.
- The convention occurred after the devastation of the second world battle. The delegates aimed to arrange a corporation that might restore world peace and imposes guidelines on the post-war world order. On 2 April 2019, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) proclaimed 25 April as International Delegate’s Day.
9. World Intellectual Property Day: 26 April
- World Intellectual Property Day is noticed globally on April 26 yearly. It was established by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in 2000 to “raise awareness of how patents, copyright, trademarks and designs impact on daily life” and “to celebrate creativity and the contribution made by creators and innovators to the development of societies across the world”.
- Theme 2021: ‘Intellectual property and small businesses: Taking big ideas to market’.
- WIPO proclaimed, 26 April was chosen because the date for World Intellectual Property Day as a result of it coincides with the date on which the Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization entered into power in 1970.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Headquarters of the World Intellectual Property Organization: Geneva, Switzerland.
- CEO of World Intellectual Property Organization: Daren Tang.
10. International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day
- The International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day is noticed yearly on April 26 to lift consciousness of the results of the 1986 Chernobyl catastrophe and the dangers of nuclear power basically.
- The United Nations (UN) proclaimed the day on April 26, 2016, that marked the thirtieth anniversary of the 1986 nuclear catastrophe. On this present day in 1986, a reactor exploded on the Chernobyl nuclear energy plant in Ukraine with devastating penalties.
11. Supreme Court decide MM Shantanagoudar passes away
- Supreme Court decide Justice Mohan M Shantanagoudar handed away.
- Justice Shantanagoudar was elevated as a decide of the Supreme Court on February 17, 2017. He would have remained in workplace until May 5, 2023.