GK Update of 09th April 2021 overlaying the next information headlines: CRPF Valour Day, Great Khali, Madhukranti portal, 2nd Virtual G20 Finance Ministers, RTGS, NEFT.
1. Narendra Singh Tomar launches Madhukranti portal
- The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar launched a portal ‘Madhukranti’ and Honey Corners on April 07, 2021, with the goal to deliver a rise in revenue of farmers, employment era and enhance in exports. Madhukranti portal is an initiative of the National Bee Board (NBB).
- The portal is being developed for on-line registration to attain traceability supply of Honey and different beehive merchandise on a digital platform.
- The portal can even verify the supply of adulteration and contamination in honey. It could have an end-to-end report to trace the supply of honey. Honey Corner is a specifically designed area in National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (NAFED) shops devoted to the sale of honey.
2. RBI increase G-SAP for orderly G-Sec market
- The Reserve Bank of India has introduced to conduct the open market buy of presidency securities of Rs 1 lakh crore underneath the G-sec Acquisition Programme (G-SAP 1.0) within the first quarter of 2021-22.
- The goal of that is to have a secure and orderly evolution of the yield curve. Under this scheme the primary buy of presidency securities for an combination quantity of Rs. 25,000 crore underneath G-SAP 1.0 will likely be performed on April 15, 2021.
3. RBI decides to open up RTGS, NEFT amenities for fee system operators
- In a significant transfer within the on-line funds segments, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has determined to permit fee system operators to take direct membership of Centralised Payment Systems (CPS), similar to RTGS and NEFT.
- Membership in Centralised Payment Systems (CPS) RTGS and NEFT for entities aside from banks are thus far restricted to banks, with a number of exceptions, similar to specialised entities like clearing firms and choose growth monetary establishments.
- The RBI famous that over the previous few years, the position of non-bank entities in fee area similar to pay as you go fee instrument (PPI) issuers, card networks, white label ATM (WLA) operators, Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS) platforms, has grown in significance and quantity, as they’ve innovated by leveraging expertise and providing customised options to customers.
4. India-Japan signed MoU for Academic and Research Cooperation
- The Union Cabinet not too long ago apprised an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) signed between India and Japan.
- The MoU was signed between the National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) that operates underneath the Department of Space, GoI and the Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere referred to as the RISH that operates underneath the Kyoto University of Japan.
- According to the MoU signed, the NARL and RISH will proceed their cooperation within the areas of expertise, atmospheric sciences, collaborative scientific experiments and different associated modelling research.
- They will change scientific supplies, data, publications, college students, school members and researchers.
- The MoU will enable the international locations to make the most of the amenities similar to Middle and Upper ambiance radar in Japan, Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere radar, Equatorial Atmosphere Radar in Indonesia.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Japan Capital: Tokyo;
- Japan Currency: Japanese yen;
- Japan Prime minister: Yoshihide Suga.
Summits and Conferences News
5. Nirmala Sitharaman attends 2nd Virtual G20 Finance Ministers
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman has participated just about within the Second G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) assembly.
- This assembly held underneath the Italian Presidency to debate coverage responses to international challenges to revive sturdy, sustainable, balanced and inclusive progress.
- The G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors mentioned Updates of the G20 Action Plan in response to COVID-19.
- They additionally mentioned supporting the financing wants of essentially the most susceptible economies, the progress on the worldwide taxation agenda, selling greener transitions and the pandemic associated monetary regulation points.
- Smt. Sitharaman urged all G20 members to make sure equitable entry and widespread distribution of vaccines.
- Smt. Sitharaman mirrored on the worldwide progress projections and underlined the necessity for continued coordination amidst the persistence of uncertainties related to the virus.
- The Finance Minister stated that the G20 Action Plan has served as a superb steering software and shaping restoration is the mainstay of its present replace.
6. Devishankar Awasthi Award 2020 awarded to Ashutosh Bhardwaj
- The well-known Devishankar Awasthi Award has been awarded to the prolific Hindi prose, journalist, and critic Ashutosh Bhardwaj. This honour has been given to him for his work ‘Pitra-Vadh’. He was elected by the choice committee of Ashok Vajpayee, Nandkishore Acharya, and Rajendra Kumar.
- Ashutosh Bhardwaj has been a local English journalist and his experiences of Bastar have been effectively mentioned in each Hindi and English. This ebook has been revealed in English underneath the identify of ‘The Death Trap’. Apart from this, his work on essential subjects like modernism and nationalism has been well-known in Indian novels. He has additionally been a fellow of the Shimla Institute of Advanced Studies and is writing independently.
7. CRPF Valour Day: 09 April
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Valour Day (Shaurya Diwas) is noticed on 9 April yearly, as a tribute to the courageous males of the Force. 2021 marks the 56th CRPF Valour Day.
- It was on today in 1965, a small contingent of CRPF created historical past by defeating an invading Pakistani military, a number of time bigger, on the Sardar Post positioned within the Rann of Kutch, Gujarat. The CRPF males eradicated 34 Pakistani troopers and captured 4 alive. In the battle, CRPF misplaced six personnel who had attained martyrdom.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Central Reserve Police Force Headquarters: New Delhi, India.
- Central Reserve Police Force Formed: 27 July 1939.
- Central Reserve Police Force Motto: Service and Loyalty.
- CRPF director basic: Kuldiep Singh.
Books and Authors News
8. A ebook titled examination warriors up to date model launched by PM Modi
- The up to date model of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ebook named ‘Exam Warriors’ was launched. The ebook provides out numerous recommendations to each college students and oldsters to cope with the examination strain and stress.
- The ebook raises consciousness on subjects like psychological well being, the position of expertise and time administration. The ebook has new Mantras and a variety of fascinating actions. The ebook reaffirms the necessity to stay stress-free earlier than an examination.
9. India contributes USD 500,000 to UN Trust Fund for counter-terrorism
- India has contributed an extra $500,000 to the United Nations Trust Fund for Counter-Terrorism, taking the nation’s donation to the UN workplace set as much as fight terrorism to over $1 million.
- With this quantity, India’s whole contribution to it thus far is $1.05 million. The UN Office of Counter-Terrorism, established in 2017, enhances coordination and coherence throughout the Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact entities to make sure the balanced implementation of the 4 pillars of the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy.
- In line with General Assembly decision 71/291 that established UNOCT in June 2017, the UN Trust Fund for Counter-Terrorism was transferred to UNOCT.
10. The Great Khali formally inducted in WWE Hall of Fame 2021
- The Great Khali has been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2021. The Great Khali went on to battle a lot of WWE’s most legendary Superstars, together with John Cena, Batista, Shawn Michaels and fellow 2021 Inductee Kane, whom he defeated to choose up his first win on The Grandest Stage of Them All, WrestleMania.
- Standing 7-foot-1 and tipping the scales at 347 kilos, Khali made his titanic presence felt from the second he first entered the WWE Universe in 2006, standing toe-to-toe with the legendary Undertaker and bulldozing over The Deadman, a uncommon sight between the ropes. The official identify of “The Great Khali” is Dalip Singh Rana.