GK Update of twenty third June 2021 protecting the next information headlines: International Olympic Day, JaanHaiToJahaanHai, SARFAESI legislation, NIMHANS, United Nations Public Service Day.
1. Minority Affairs Minister launched “JaanHaiToJahaanHai” consciousness marketing campaign
- The Minority Affairs Minister, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launched a nationwide “JaanHaiToJahaanHai” consciousness marketing campaign on Corona vaccination for rural and distant areas.
- The intention of this marketing campaign is to conscious individuals of the Corona vaccination and to crush rumours and apprehensions associated to Corona vaccination. It has been launched by the Ministry of Minority Affairs in affiliation with varied socio-educational organizations, NGOs, and Women Self Help Groups.
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi urged members of Central Waqf Council, Maulana Azad Education Foundation, and different social and academic establishments to participate on this consciousness marketing campaign. India is working the world’s largest Corona vaccination drive.
2. India and Fiji inks MoU for cooperation within the discipline of agriculture and allied sectors
- A digital assembly was held between the Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, GoI, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar with Dr. Mahendra Reddy, Minister of Agriculture, Waterways & Environment, Government of Fiji.
- During the assembly, each the ministers signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation within the discipline of Agriculture and allied sectors. This MoU will additional strengthen the multi-faceted cooperation between the 2 nations.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Fiji Capital: Suva;
- Fiji Currency: Fijian greenback;
- Fiji President: Jioji Konousi.
3. Finance Ministry permits HFCs above Rs 100 cr to make use of to SARFAESI legislation
- Ministry of Finance has allowed housing finance firms (HFCs) with asset measurement of over Rs. 100 crore to get well the dues utilizing SARFAESI legislation. This transfer is predicted to be a shot within the arm for 1000’s of small HFCs, as it’ll facilitate fast restoration of dues and encourage these firms to lend extra.
- Earlier HFCs with belongings over Rs. 500 crore (and notified by Finance Ministry) have been allowed to make use of SARFAESI legislation to get well dues. Currently, there are practically 100 HFCs which are registered with NHB.
- The top-10 HFCs account for 70-80 per cent of the belongings of the housing finance trade. SARFAESI Act 2002 permits banks and different monetary establishments to public sale residential or industrial properties (of Defaulter) to get well loans.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs: Nirmala Sitharaman.
4. Mawya Sudan turns into IAF’s 1st lady fighter pilot from J&K
- Flying Officer Mawya Sudan has grow to be the primary lady from Jammu and Kashmir to be inducted as a fighter pilot within the Indian Air Force (IAF). She is the twelfth feminine fighter pilot to be inducted within the IAF.
- The 24-year-old Mawya hails from Lamberi village close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu division.
- Mawya was commissioned as a fighter pilot on the Airforce Academy in Hyderabad on June 19, 2021, throughout the Combined Graduation parade ceremony. She will now bear rigorous fighter coaching for over a 12 months to grow to be ‘fully operational’ as a fighter pilot.
5. Indian Navy and European Naval Force maintain first joint train
- In a primary, the Indian Navy is collaborating in a joint train with the European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR). Stealth frigate INS Trikand, will take part within the two-day train within the Gulf of Aden as it’s already deployed within the area on anti-piracy operations.
- The intention of the train is to boost and hone their war-fighting expertise and their means as an built-in pressure to advertise peace, safety and stability within the maritime area. Along with the Indian Navy, different naval forces are from Italy, Spain and France.
- The naval train included superior air defence and anti-submarine workouts, tactical manoeuvres, Search & Rescue, and different maritime safety operations.
6. Senior psychiatrist Pratima Murthy appointed as director of NIMHANS
- Dr Pratima Murthy, head of Department of Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru has been appointed as Director of the Institute for a interval of 5 years. She will retire in March 2026.
- She was awarded the WHO Regional Director’s Special Recognition Award on ‘World No Tobacco Day 2021’.
- She has been appointed by NIMHANS on the approval of the central authorities because the full-term director of the institute of nationwide significance after Prof and Head of Neurology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Dr Padma Srivastava couldn’t assume the highest workplace attributable to some technical causes.
7. KK Shailaja awarded prestigious CEU Open Society Prize for 2021
- The Central European University (CEU) Open Society Prize for 2021 has been awarded to KK Shailaja, the previous Health Minister of Kerala. The award was introduced to her in recognition of “her determined leadership and community-based public health work, saving lives during the pandemic”.
- She demonstrates to the world that decided management, community-based public well being and efficient communication can save lives. CEU was based in 1991 by George Soros, a Hungarian-born political activist and billionaire philanthropist primarily based on his imaginative and prescient of a singular establishment that will practice future generations of students, professionals, politicians, and civil society leaders “to contribute to building open and democratic societies that respect human rights and adhere to the rule of law”.
Ranks and Reports News
8. Bengaluru ranked as one of many Top 5 know-how facilities in Asia Pacific
- Bengaluru has emerged as the highest 5 know-how centres within the APAC area whereas Hyderabad is ranked within the Top 10 checklist, a report by Colliers titled ‘Growth Engines of Innovation: How Asia Pacific Technology Hubs are Reshaping Regional Real Estate’.
- The report ranks probably the most enticing know-how submarkets inside main APAC cities, which ought to function a navigation software for know-how teams, as they plan their enlargement.
- Beijing, Shanghai, Bengaluru, Shenzhen and Singapore at the moment rank as the highest 5 know-how centres in APAC; they provide a compelling steadiness of infrastructure and expertise for occupiers and are well-positioned to ship future progress and funding alternatives for house owners.
- Other cities are growing strengths in particular areas of know-how, e.g., Seoul and Hong Kong in fintech, whereas new centres resembling Hyderabad and Sydney are rising.
Books and Authors News
9. Arvind Gaur releases ebook ‘Habba Khatoon’ written by Kajal Suri
- Theatre character Arvind Gaur has launched the ebook ‘Habba Khatoon’ written by Kajal Suri.
- The ebook ‘Habba Khatoon’ was Published by Sanjana Prakashan. Habba Khatoon, additionally recognized by the honorary title ‘The Nightingale of Kashmir’, was a Kashmiri poet and ascetic. She was the spouse of Yousuf Shah Chak, the final Emperor of Kashmir.
10. Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce turns into second quickest lady of all-time forward
- Jamaican sprinter Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce turned the second-fastest lady of all-time behind 100 metres world document holder Florence Griffith-Joyner when she clocked 10.63 seconds at a meet in Kingston.
- American Griffith-Joyner nonetheless holds the ladies’s 100m world document of 10.49 seconds, set in Indianapolis in 1988, in addition to the three quickest instances ever, with 10.61 and 10.62, additionally in 1988.
11. Rani Rampal, Manpreet Singh named captains of Indian hockey groups
- Midfielder Manpreet Singh was named captain of the 16-member Olympic-bound Indian males’s hockey crew, whereas skilled defenders, Birendra Lakra and Harmanpreet Singh, have been named vice-captains.
- Rani Rampal was named the captain of the 16-member Olympic-bound Indian Women’s Hockey Team, introduced Hockey India. Rani is the plain alternative not only for her on-field exploits but in addition for her innate means to information the children within the crew.
12. United Nations Public Service Day: 23 June
- United Nations Public Service Day is noticed globally on twenty third June yearly. This day is to spotlight the contribution of public service within the growth course of and to worth public service to the neighborhood.
- This day is extensively recognized by varied public service organisations and departments all over the world by organising a number of occasions to recognise the position of public servants in making developments and enhancements locally.
- As part of the event, the Division of Public Institutions and Digital Government of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs will host a digital occasion, in collaboration with the federal government of the United Arab Emirates, underneath the theme of “Innovating the Future Public Service: New Government Models for a New Era to Reach the SDGs”.
13. International Olympic Day: 23 June
- The International Olympic Day is held on June 23 annually. The day is well known to encourage extra individuals to take part within the Olympic Games and unfold consciousness in regards to the occasion and promote the Olympic Movement.
- Based on the three pillars – “move”, “learn” and “discover” – the National Olympic Committees are deploying sports activities, cultural and academic actions to encourage participation no matter age, gender, social background, or sporting means.
- The Olympic Day 2021 theme is “Stay healthy, stay strong, stay active with the #OlympicDay workout on 23 June.”
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- International Olympic Committee Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland.
- International Olympic Committee President: Thomas Bach.
- International Olympic Committee Founded: 23 June 1894 (Paris, France).
14. International Widows Day: 23 June
- International Widows Day is noticed globally on twenty third June yearly. The day is extensively recognized to attract consideration to the voices and experiences of widows and to impress the distinctive assist that they’ve.
- Several girls all over the world after dropping her life accomplice faces challenges and do long-term wrestle for primary wants, their human proper and dignity. Loomba Foundation initiated the International Widow’s Day in 2005.
- According to Loomba, girls in varied nations expertise nice hardship after their husband dies. They aren’t checked out by NGO’s, governments and likewise societies curse them. Finally, on 23 June 2010, it was formally recognised within the United Nations General Assembly.
Tag : #Read #Daily #Current #Affairs #Bank #Exam