GK Update of seventh July 2021 overlaying the next information headlines: Khadi Prakritk Paint, GST assortment, Postpaid Mini, World’s Airline of the Year Award, Matsya Setu, World Chocolate Day, Dilip Kumar.
1. GoI launches cell app ‘Matsya Setu’ for Indian aqua farmers
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Giriraj Singh has launched the Online Course Mobile App “Matsya Setu”.
- The app was developed by the ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (ICAR-CIFA), Bhubaneswar, with the funding help of the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad.
- The on-line course app goals to disseminate the most recent freshwater aquaculture applied sciences to the aqua farmers of the nation.
2. Govt creates ministry of cooperation to spice up cooperative motion
- The authorities has created a Ministry of Cooperation to spice up the Indian cooperative motion and provides a fillip to the indigenous enterprises. India’s first minister of cooperation can even be sworn in as soon as the Union Cabinet reshuffle takes place and the brand new ministers take the oath of workplace on the Durbar Hall in President House.
- The new ministry of Cooperation will work to grasp the imaginative and prescient of “Sahkar se Samriddhi” and can present a separate administrative, authorized and coverage framework to spice up the cooperative motion within the nation.
- The improvement will support the deeping of the cooperatives as true people-based actions with advantages taking place to the grassroots. The ministry might be mandated to streamline the processes for the benefit of doing enterprise for cooperatives and finally intention to broaden and strengthen the multi-state cooperatives.
3. Jim Whitehurst resigns as IBM president
- Jim Whitehurst has introduced he’s stepping down because the president of IBM. Whitehurst’s resignation is being seen as one of many a number of administration strikes IBM introduced.
- The 53-year-old’s exit led to shares of the technological large falling 4.8 per cent to $139.83, probably the most in 5 months.
- Whitehurst was appointed as IBM’s president final 12 months. This was the primary time in many years that the company cut up up the designation of a chief government officer (CEO) and president.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- IBM CEO: Arvind Krishna.
- IBM Headquarters: Armonk, New York, United States.
4. Nitin Gadkari turns into “Brand Ambassador” of Khadi Prakritk Paint
- The Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways & MSME, Nitin Gadkari, just about inaugurated India’s first and solely paint produced from cow dung, below the model identify ‘Khadi Prakritk Paint’.
- In addition to this, the minister additionally declared himself because the “Brand Ambassador” of paint, to advertise throughout the nation and encourage younger entrepreneurs to take up the manufacturing of cow dung paint.
- The Khadi Prakritk Paint automated manufacturing plant has been arrange on the campus of Kumarappa National Handmade Paper Institute (KNHPI), Jaipur, which is a unit of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
5. Neha Parikh appointed as CEO of crowd-sourced navigation app ‘Waze’
- Indian-American, Neha Parikh, has been appointed because the CEO of Waze, a crowd-sourced GPS navigation app and a subsidiary of tech large Google.
- The 41-year-old Neha replaces Noam Bardin, who stepped down because the CEO in November 2020, after main the Israeli firm for 12 years.
- The Waze app can provide out instructions in 56 completely different languages. The app was based in Israel in 2008. It was acquired by Google in 2013 for round USD 1.1 billion (110 crores).
6. Tourism Ministry indicators MoU with Yatra to strengthen hospitality, tourism business
- The tourism ministry signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Yatra to strengthen and allow the tourism and hospitality business.
- The occasion was organised below an association between the Ministry of Tourism and the Quality Council of India (QCI), the place the MoU for the Tourism Ministry Yatra tie-up was signed.
- While the MoU is supposed to primarily strengthen tourism, it additionally takes into consideration and supplies help for lodging models.
- The MoU outlines that each events signing the doc would take part in encourage the lodging models to self-certify themselves on the System for Assessment, Awareness & Training for the Hospitality Industry (SAATHI) on the Online Travel Agency Platform (OTA).
- Earlier this 12 months, the Ministry of Tourism had additionally signed an MoU with ClearTrip and Ease My Trip. There has been an ongoing effort by the ministry to strengthen the tourism sector in India whereas extending help to lodging models.
- The lodging models registered on NIDHI and SAATHI on the OTA platform are to be offered prolonged visibility with the signing of this MoU. SAATHI is an initiative by the Ministry of Tourism in partnership with the Quality Council of India.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Minister of State (IC) of Ministry of Tourism: Prahlad Singh Patel.
7. GST assortment dips under Rs 1 lakh crore in June
- GST assortment dipped under Rs 1 lakh crore in June after staying above that mark for eight consecutive months.
- Centre mopped up Rs 92,849 crore GST for the month of June of which CGST is Rs 16,424 crore, SGST is Rs 20,397 crore, IGST is Rs 49,079 crore (together with Rs 25,762 crore collected on import of products) and Cess is Rs 6,949 crore (together with Rs 809 crore collected on import of products.
- With eased relaxations following enchancment within the total Covid-19 scenario within the nation, the federal government expects GST revenues to rise from July 2021 onwards.
List of GST Collection earlier months
- May 2021: Rs 1,02,709 crore
- April 2021: Rs 1.41 lakh crore(All time Highest)
- March 2021: Rs. 1.24 lakh crore
- Feb 2021: Rs 1,13,143 crore
- January 2021: Rs 1,19,847 crore
8. Paytm launches ‘Postpaid Mini’ to offer small-ticket on the spot loans
- Paytm has introduced the launch of Postpaid Mini, small-ticket loans that may give customers the pliability to entry loans starting from Rs 250 – Rs 1,000, in partnership with Aditya Birla Finance Ltd.
- The product is an extension of its Buy Now, Pay Later service, driving affordability amongst these new to credit score. These small ticket on the spot loans will give flexibility to customers and in addition assist handle their family bills to keep up liquidity in the course of the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
- Paytm Postpaid is providing a interval of as much as 30 days for compensation of loans at 0 per cent curiosity.
- There aren’t any annual charges or activation expenses, solely a minimal comfort charge. With the launch of Postpaid Mini, the corporate will provide entry to loans starting from Rs 250 to Rs 1000, along with Paytm Postpaid’s on the spot credit score of as much as Rs 60,000.
- This might assist customers pay for his or her month-to-month bills, together with cell and direct to dwelling (DTH) recharges, fuel cylinder reserving, electrical energy and water payments, store on Paytm Mall and extra.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Paytm HQ: Noida, Uttar Pradesh;
- Paytm Founder & CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma;
- Paytm Founded: 2009.
9. DPIIT units up 9-member panel to curb Digital Monopolies
- The Central Government has shaped a nine-member panel for the event of an Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC), designed to curb digital monopolies.
- This ONDC challenge is initiated by the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) below the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and might be applied by the Quality Council of India (QCI).
- The nine-member committee of ONDC will advise the Government of India on measures wanted to digitise all the worth chain, standardise operations, promote inclusion of suppliers, derive efficiencies in logistics and improve worth for customers, amongst different issues.
10. Korean Air wins Air Transport World’s Airline of the Year Award
- Korean Air has been introduced the winner of some of the prestigious honours within the aviation business: Air Transport World’s (ATW) 2021 Airline of the Year. This 12 months’s award is much more significant to Korean Air, as the worldwide business has been affected by the unprecedented disaster attributable to COVID-19.
- The firm’s glorious management, its capability to stay operationally worthwhile by the business’s worst-ever disaster, its robust dedication to well being security customer support excellence, and its outstanding relationship with staff.”
- The judges additionally famous the airline’s “transformational strategic deal to include Asiana and create a bigger, extra world flagship provider. Korean Air plans to proceed to strengthen its place within the world aviation business and goals to grow to be one of many world’s high 10 airways after efficiently buying and integrating Asiana Airlines.
11. Jaipur to get India’s second-largest cricket stadium
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) launched a monetary grant of Rs 100 crore to the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA), which might be used to construct India’s second-largest cricket stadium.
- The facility, which might be second to the not too long ago inaugurated Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, is about to be inbuilt Jaipur. The development of the brand new stadium is prone to be accomplished inside 24-30 months from graduation.
- Meanwhile, an quantity of Rs 290 crores has been estimated to be spent on the development of the second-largest cricket stadium in India.
- This quantity might be sourced from; Rs 100 crore from the financial institution mortgage, Rs 100 crore from BCCI grant, Rs 90 crore from RCS funds, sale of packing containers, seats & sponsorship. The proposed stadium may have a spectator capability of 75,000.
12. World Chocolate Day celebrated on seventh July
- World Chocolate Day or International Chocolate Day is noticed on seventh July yearly. The day celebrates the existence of chocolate in our lives. It is marked by consuming goodies and sharing with pricey ones.
- The day is an annual world celebration of chocolate, which permits individuals to gorge and indulge, hopefully guilt-free, in it. World Chocolate Day was first celebrated within the 12 months 2009.
- However, some even consider that individuals began marking July 7 as International Chocolate Day as a result of it was the day when chocolate was first launched to Europe in 1550.
13. ‘Superman’ director Richard Donner passes away
- Ace filmmaker Richard Donner, finest identified for helming the unique ‘Superman’ movie, ‘Lethal Weapon’ movie collection and ‘The Goonies’, has handed away.
- The 91-year-old filmmaker was on the forefront of among the hottest genres within the historical past of mainstream cinema: the superhero film, the horror flick, the buddy cop romps.
- The legend acquired his first large directing break with the 1976 cult basic horror movie ‘The Omen’, which solidified his foothold within the business and led to his subsequent main studio movie, ‘Superman’ (additionally the unique) that paved the trail for numerous different flicks, together with ‘Goonies’, and the entire ‘Lethal Weapon’ film collection, starring Mel Gibson and Danny Glover.
14. Legendary Bollywood actor Dilip Kumar passes away
- Legendary Bollywood actor Mohammed Yusuf Khan, identified professionally as Dilip Kumar handed away at 98. He was popularly generally known as the tragedy king of Bollywood. He was final seen within the 1998 movie Qila.
- He was the primary actor to win the Filmfare Award for Best Actor in 1954 and gained it a complete of 8 occasions. He and Shah Rukh Khan collectively maintain the document for many Filmfare trophies.
Tag : #Read #Daily #Current #Affairs #Bank #Exam