GK Update of 1st and 2nd August 2021 protecting the next information headlines: World Breastfeeding Week, Hungarian GP 2021, PV Sindhu, Lokmanya Tilak National Award, United Nations Security Council, G20 Culture Ministers’ Meeting.
1. PM Modi to launch e-RUPI digital cost answer
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch e-RUPI, an e-voucher-based digital cost answer, by way of video conferencing.
- The e-RUPI initiative will probably be one of many programmes launched over time to restrict touchpoints between the federal government and the beneficiary and “ensure that the benefits reach its intended beneficiaries in a targeted and leak-proof manner”.
- e-RUPI is a cashless and contactless instrument for digital funds. It acts as an e-voucher based mostly on a QR code or SMS string, which is delivered to the cellphones of the beneficiaries.
- e-RUPI connects the sponsors of the providers with the beneficiaries and repair suppliers in a digital method with none bodily interface. It additionally ensures that the cost to the service supplier is made solely after the transaction is accomplished.
- The e-RUPI platform has been developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on its UPI platform, in collaboration with the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and National Health Authority.
2. Vice Admiral SN Ghormade takes cost as Vice Chief of the Naval Staff
- Vice Admiral SN Ghormade has assumed cost because the Vice Chief of Naval Staff at a proper ceremony in New Delhi.
- He succeeds Vice Admiral G Ashok Kumar who retired on July 31, 2021, after greater than 39 years of illustrious service. The Flag officer SN Ghormade was commissioned within the Indian Navy on January 01, 1984.
- He was awarded the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) on January 26, 2017, and Nausena Medal (NM) in 2007 by the President of India, and a Commendation by the Chief of the Naval Staff in 2000.
3. Deepak Das takes cost as new Controller General of Accounts
- Deepak Das has taken over because the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) on August 01, 2021. Prior to assuming cost of CGA, Mr Das served because the Principal Chief Controller of Accounts within the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- Deepak Das, a 1986-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer, is the twenty fifth officer to carry the place of CGA. CGA is the account keeper of the federal government and derives its mandate from Article 150 of the Constitution.
- It reconciles the money stability of the centre with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) aside from consolidating month-to-month accounts; getting ready traits of income realization and expenditures in addition to annual accounts of the central authorities.
4. GST Collections Touched ₹ 1.16 Lakh Crore In July 2021
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) collections for July 2021 had been ₹ 1.16 lakh crore, 33 per cent greater than the corresponding interval of final 12 months. GST collections in July 2020 had stood at ₹ 87,422 crore, whereas sequentially that they had stood at ₹ 92,849 crores in June this 12 months.
- According to figures launched by Finance Ministry, gross GST income collected in July 2021 are ₹ 1,16,393 crore, out of which Central GST is ₹ 22,197 crores, State GST is ₹ 28,541 crore and Integrated GST is ₹ 57,864 crore (together with ₹ 27,900 crores collected on import of products) and cess of Rs 7,790 crore (together with ₹ 815 crores collected on import of products).
5. LIC Cards Services, IDBI Bank launch RuPay bank cards Lumine, Eclat
- LIC Cards Services Limited (LIC-CSL) has partnered with IDBI Bank to launch ‘Lumine’ Platinum Credit Card and ‘Eclat’ Select Credit Card on the RuPay platform.
- The playing cards will initially be accessible to LIC policyholders, brokers, in addition to workers of the company and its subsidiaries. The playing cards will provide a variety of advantages to customers.
- Lumine and Eclat cardholders can have a credit score restrict that fits their life. The cardholders will earn 3 ‘delight’ factors on each spend of Rs 100 by way of the Lumine card and 4 factors on the Eclat card.
- The playing cards additionally provide a particular advantages of 2x reward factors whereas paying the renewal insurance coverage premiums of LIC. The playing cards even have a ‘Welcome Aboard’ provide for preliminary clients.
Summits and Conferences News
6. Meenakashi Lekhi leads Indian delegation at G20 Culture Ministers’ Meeting
- Meenakashi Lekhi, the Minister of State for Culture of India participated within the G20 Culture Ministers’ Meeting on behalf of the Government of India.
- The two-day assembly was hosted by Italy on July 29 and 30 July 2021, throughout their ongoing Presidency of G20 in 2021. At the top of the discussions, the G20 Ministers of Culture adopted the G20 Culture Working Group Terms of Reference.
The most important matter of dialogue had been:
- Protection of Cultural Heritage;
- Addressing the Climate Crisis by means of Culture;
- Building Capacity by means of Training and Education;
- Digital Transition and New Technologies for Culture; and
- Culture and Creative Sectors as drivers for progress.
7. India takes over UNSC presidency for August 2021
- India took over from France to imagine the presidency of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for the month of August 2021.
- This is the primary presidency for India throughout its 2021-22 tenure as a non-permanent member of the UNSC. Prime Minister Narendra Modi would be the first Indian PM to preside over a gathering of the UNSC.
- As the president of the highest UN Body, India will determine the agenda for the month, coordinate vital conferences and different associated points. India will concentrate on three precedence areas throughout its presidency. These embrace maritime safety, peacekeeping, and counter-terrorism.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- United Nations Security Council Headquarters: New York, United States;
- United Nations Security Council Founded: 24 October 1945.
8. Cyrus Poonawalla wins Lokmanya Tilak National Award
- Dr Cyrus Poonawalla, Chairman of the Pune-based vaccine maker Serum Institute of India (SII), has been chosen for the celebrated Lokmanya Tilak National Award for 2021.
- He has been named for his work through the COVID-19 pandemic, by manufacturing the Covishield vaccine. He will obtain the award on August 13. The award contains a money prize of Rs one lakh and a memento.
- The Lokmanya Tilak nationwide award is given yearly since 1983 on August 1, the loss of life anniversary of Lokmanya Tilak, by the Lokmanya Tilak Trust. However this 12 months the date has been modified because of the coronavirus scenario.
9. PV Sindhu Wins Bronze in Women’s Badminton at Tokyo Olympics
- Ace Indian badminton participant PV Sindhu defeated China’s He Bingjiao to win the bronze medal within the ladies’s singles occasion on the Tokyo Olympics on August 01, 2021.
- With this win, Sindhu scripted historical past by turning into the primary Indian lady and the one second Indian athlete to win two Olympic medals in particular person occasions.
- Earlier she gained the silver in ladies’s singles badminton on the Rio Olympics in 2016. This is India’s second medal on the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
10. Esteban Ocon wins Hungarian GP 2021
- Esteban Ocon, Alpine-Renault/ France, has gained the Hungarian Grand Prix 2021, held on August 01, 2021, on the Hungaroring in Mogyoród, Hungary. This is the maiden F1 race win for Esteban Ocon.
- Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin-Mercedes/Germany) got here second. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) completed third.
- With this win, he took the Formula One championship lead from Max Verstappen. Hungarian Grand Prix was the eleventh spherical of the 2021 Formula One World Championship.
11. Sri Lanka bowling all-rounder Isuru Udana retires from worldwide cricket
- Sri Lanka left-arm seam bowling all-rounder, Isuru Udana has introduced his retirement from worldwide cricket with rapid impact.
- Udana had a really modest worldwide profession with sporadic appearances over 12 years during which he performed solely 21 ODIS and 35 T20 Internationals with simply 45 wickets to indicate for his efforts.
- The left-arm medium-pacer had made his T20I debut in 2009 towards Australia on the T20 World Cup during which Sri Lanka misplaced the ultimate to Pakistan. His maiden ODI recreation got here towards India in 2012.
Books and Authors News
12. Novelist Kunal Basu’s ‘In An Ideal World’ to come back out in 2022
- Renowned novelist Kunal Basu’s new work of fiction, In An Ideal World, will probably be launched subsequent 12 months, Penguin Random House India (PRHI) introduced.
- The guide, scheduled to be launched below the publishing home’s ‘Viking’ imprint, is touted to be a “powerful, gritty and fast-paced literary novel” exploring quite a lot of themes related to the present occasions — school, politics, household, crime investigation and fanaticism.
- According to the publishers, the story of his upcoming guide revolves across the disappearance of a member of the Liberal Party of a faculty in Manhar. The prime suspect of this abduction is the chief of the Nationalist group of the identical school.
13. World Breastfeeding Week 2021: 01 – 07 August
- The World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) is marked yearly within the first week of August, between 1 to 7 August, to lift consciousness on the significance of breastfeeding for moms and infants.
- The theme of the World Breastfeeding Week 2021 is “Protect Breastfeeding: A Shared Responsibility”. The annual week is organized by WABA, WHO and UNICEF since 1991.
- Breastfeeding gives each little one with the absolute best begin in life. It delivers well being, dietary and emotional advantages to each youngsters and moms.
- And it varieties a part of a sustainable meals system. But whereas breastfeeding is a pure course of, it’s not at all times simple. Mothers want help – each to get began and to maintain breastfeeding.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- World Alliance for Breastfeeding Headquarters: Penang, Malaysia;
- World Alliance for Breastfeeding Founder: Anwar Fazal;
- World Alliance for Breastfeeding Founded: 14 February 1991.
14. Muslim Women’s Rights Day: 01 August
- In India, “Muslim Women’s Rights Day” is well known throughout the nation on August 01 to have a good time the enactment of the legislation towards Triple Talaq. The first Muslim Women’s Rights Day was noticed in 2020.
- The Government of India enacted the legislation towards Triple Talaq on August 01, 2019 to make the social malpractice of Triple Talaq a legal offence.
- The legislation is formally referred to as the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act, 2019. It prohibits the apply of on the spot divorce by Muslim males and any violation of the legislation is punishable by a jail time period of as much as three years.
15. World Masters gold medal winner Man Kaur passes away
- Multiple World Masters Championship gold medallist and a number of Asian Masters Championship medallist athlete 105-year-old, Man Kaur handed away.
- She began working and gained her first medal in Chandigarh Masters Athletics meet in 2007 earlier than she gained the gold in 100 m as effectively 200 m race within the National Masters Athletics meet in 2011.
- Kaur would develop into the 100 m and 200 m champion within the World Masters Athletics Championships within the USA and was additionally adjudged one of the best athlete.
- But it was her feat of turning into the champion within the 100 m within the 100+ class within the World Masters Athletics Championships in Auckland in 2017, which acquired her into the limelight.
Tag : #Read #Daily #Current #Affairs #Bank #Exam