176. 'DUMA' is related to 'Russia' in the same way as 'ECCLESIA' is related to ——.
(A) Bhutan (B) Afghanistan (C) Greece (D) Germany
177. Manoj can type 100 pages of a report in 10 hours and Bobby can do the same in 15 hours. They worked together for 5 hours. The remaining work was completed by Lucy in 2 hrs. If they received Rs. 2,400 for whole work, Lucy got
(A) Rs. 300 (B) Rs.250 (C) Rs. 200 (D) Rs. 400
178. The ratio of 6 inch to 4 feet will be
(A) 1 : 6 (B) 1 : 4 (C) 3 : 2 (D) 1 : 8
179. Choose the word in the option that is farthest in meaning to the capitalised word.
(A) INSIPID (B) UNATTRACTIVE (C) PREJUDICE (D) OPPOSITION
180. Should the number of holidays of government employees be reduced ?
Argument : 1. Yes : Our government employees are having the maximum number of holidays among countries of the world.
2. Yes : It is a sign of British legacy which should be carried forward.
3. Yes : It will speed up work and all pending jobs can be completed well in time.
4. No : Employees must be given ample spare time to spend with family.
(A) Only '1' and '3' are strong. (B) Only '1', '2' and '3' are strong. (C) Only '2' is strong. (D) None is strong.
181. A ladder is kept against a wall. The top of the ladder touches the wall at a height of 270 cm from the ground. The base of the ladder is 54 cm away from the wall on the ground. Find the length of the ladder.
(A) 53682−−−−−√ cm. (B) 68164−−−−−√ cm. (C)75816−−−−−√cm. (D) 82547−−−−−√ cm.
182. 480 students out of 1500 are enrolled in NCC. What percentage of students are not there in NCC ?
(A) 70% (B) 68% (C) 73% (D) 64%
183. A building which is 64 feet high cast a shadow of length 96 feet. The height of telephone tower, which cast a shadow of length 180 feet, under similar condition is
(A) 80 feet (B) 100 feet (C) 120 feet (D) 90 feet
184. 'School' is related to 'Student' in the same way as 'Hospital' is related to ——
(A) Medicine (B) Nurse (C) Doctor (D) Patient
185. Pointing to a gentleman, Somenath said "His only brother is the father of my daughter's father". How is the gentleman related to Somenath ?
(A) Brother-in-Law (B) Uncle (C) Grandfather (D) Father
186. Today is Thursday, the day after 59 days will be
(A) Sunday (B) Thursday (C) Friday (D) Saturday
187. How many times do the hands of a clock coincide in a day ?
(A) 24 (B) 20 (C) 21 (D) 22
188. Mohan takes 6 hours to do a job. Laltu takes 10 hours to do the same job. How long should it take if Mohan and Laltu work together the same job ?