13 gates of Himayat Sagar lake in Hyderabad open after a decade
• The 13 out of 17 gates of Himayat Sagar in Hyderabad have been opened after the town obtained heavy rainfall in the previous few days.
• The state authorities determined to open the gates because the water degree reached the Full Reservoir Level (FRL). The FRL degree of Himayatsagar was 1763.500 ft.
• 4 of the reservoir’s gates have been opened by the administration at midnight after the individuals who have been settled within the low-lying space have been requested to evacuate.
• The complete water storage capability of the reservoir is 2.97 TMC and within the morning the total reservoir degree has been reached.
Renowned Kuchipudi dance exponent Shobha Naidu passes away at 64
• The eminent Kuchipudi dance exponent Shobha Naidu handed away on October 14, 2020, on the age of 64 at a personal hospital in Hyderabad. She was present process therapy for the previous few days.
• Shobha Naidu was born in 1956 in Andhra Pradesh. She had obtained her coaching in Kuchipudi dance from Vempati Chinna Satyam.
• In 2001, she was awarded the civilian honour of Padma Shri by the Indian authorities. She was additionally awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1991 and earlier than that the title of ‘Nritya Choodamani’ by Shri Krishna Gana Sabha of Madras.
• Shobha Naidu had additionally served because the principal for Kuchipudi Art Academy in Hyderabad. She had educated greater than 1,500 college students.
Germany slams Turkey for taking unilateral steps in East Mediterranean
• The Foreign Minister of Germany has criticized the Turkey authorities for taking unilateral steps within the east Mediterranean and blames for undercutting the efforts to de-escalate tensions with Cyprus and Greece over drilling rights and sea boundaries.
• Heiko Mass, Germany’s international minister additional acknowledged that any try by a Turkey Survey Ship goals at prospecting for hydrocarbons in disputed waters round Greek Island will strike a critical blow at enhancing ties between European Union and Turkey.
• Turkey’s redeployment of the survey vessel for brand new power exploration across the Greek Island of Kastellorizo has once more reignited tensions over the ocean boundaries between Cyprus, Greek islands, and Turkey’s southern coast.
• However, Turkey has rebuffed the criticism of its analysis ship’s deployment and has insisted that the survey vessel has been working within the Turkish Waters.
Statue of Unity in Gujarat to be reopened from October 17
• The world’s tallest statue in Gujarat- the Statue of Unity will likely be reopened for the guests from October 17, 2020. The website will likely be reopened for the vacationers from the first day of the nine-night Navaratri competition.
• The website was shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the government- imposed nationwide lockdown.
• To comply with social distancing, solely 2,500 guests will likely be allowed contained in the statue. Out of them, solely 500 will likely be taken to the 193-meter degree viewing gallery on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue.
• Tickets will likely be accessible solely via an internet mode in two-hour slots and bodily and on-site tickets will stay closed. The mask-wearing will likely be necessary and preparations of thermal screening, sanitizer machines, sanitation, markings for social distancing have additionally been made.
International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction
• The International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction celebrated on October 13, 2020, was all about Governance pretty much as good catastrophe threat governance could be measured within the variety of lives saved, decreased financial losses, and decreased variety of disaster-affected individuals.
• The International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction was first noticed on October 13, 1989, after a name from the UN General Assembly for a day to advertise a worldwide tradition of threat consciousness and catastrophe discount.
• The day goals at celebrating how communities and folks all around the world have been decreasing their publicity to disasters. There can be consciousness in regards to the significance of reining within the dangers that they face.