Current Affairs Shortly:1st October 2020
PM Modi to inaugurate world’s longest freeway tunnel ‘Atal Tunnel’ on October 3
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the world’s longest freeway tunnel- Atal Tunnel on Rohtang on October 3, 2020.
• The 9.02km lengthy tunnel will join Manali with Lahaul-Spiti valley all year long. Earlier, the valley was minimize off for nearly six months every year as a result of heavy snowfall.
• The tunnel has been constructed utilizing ultra-modern specs within the Pir Panjal vary of Himalayas at an altitude of 3000m from the Mean Sea Level. It reduces the highway distance by 46 km between Manali and Leh and time by about 4-5 hours.
India targets to revive 26 million hectares of degraded & deforested land by 2030
• The Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar introduced just lately that India goals to revive 26 million hectares of degraded and deforested land and obtain land-degradation neutrality by 2030.
• The Environment Minister shared the identical whereas addressing the UN summit on Biodiversity. He mentioned that India has a tradition of not simply defending and conserving nature but in addition dwelling in concord with nature.
• The Minister additional said that the emergence of COVID-19 has emphasised the truth that unregulated exploitation of pure assets coupled with unsustainable meals habits and consumption sample result in the destruction of a system that helps human life.
Puducherry authorities permits re-opening of bars from October 1
• The Puducherry authorities gave permission to re-open bars within the Union Territory from October 1, 2020. The announcement follows the re-opening tips issued by the Union Government on September 30, 2020.
• The Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy additionally mentioned in a casual briefing that it was determined to open the colleges for sophistication tenth and twelfth from October 5.
• However, the scholars would require the permission of their dad and mom to bodily attend colleges. The lessons will solely be till 1 pm.
• The choice for opening lessons for sophistication 9 and 11 will probably be taken later. Besides this, cinema theatres will start functioning within the Union Territory from October 18 with 50 % seating capability.
UP turns into first state to undertake 1 crore COVID assessments
• Uttar Pradesh has turn into the primary state within the nation to undertake over one crore COVID-19 check. UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath termed it as an amazing achievement and mentioned that the federal government has performed 1.5 lakh assessments per day for the previous 45 days.
• The complete variety of assessments performed within the state stood at 1,00,98,896 as of September 30, 2020. Among these, practically 42 % of assessments had been executed by means of the RT-PCR methodology.
• The state’s share within the complete assessments performed throughout the nation now stands at 13.6 %. The state’s day by day common of testing over the previous few days has been 1.5 lakh assessments.
• The state has managed to take care of a positivity price of round 4 %.
First VVIP plane 'Air India One' for PM, President, Vice President arrives
• The first of the 2 VVIP plane Air India One for President, Vice President, and Prime Minister arrived in India on October 1, 2020.
• The Special Extra Section Flight (SESF) plane for the nation's VVIP arrived at Delhi's International Airport from the United States. A joint group of senior officers from Air India, VVIP safety personnel and senior authorities officers had gone to the US to just accept the supply of the VVIP's flight Air India One.
• The Air India One is supplied with a complicated and secured communication system, which can allow availing audio and video communication features mid-air with none worries of hacking or being taped.
• The VVIP plane B-777 will change wide-body plane Boeing B-747 jumbo plane whose name signal is Air India One.
SeeCloseCommentNext Post Previous Post