Current Affairs Shortly : 2nd October 2020
PM Modi to inaugurate VAIBHAV summit as we speak
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit at 6.30 pm on October 2, 2020. The digital summit might be organised October 2-31, 2020.
• The VAIBHAV summit is a digital summit of abroad and resident Indian Researchers and Academicians. The summit will convey collectively scientists in addition to researchers from the Indian diaspora.
• The key intention of the summit is to convey Indian origin luminaries in tutorial institutes and analysis and growth (R&D) organizations the world over on a single platform to debate upon collaboration mechanisms to strengthen tutorial and a Science and Technology base in India for world growth.
• The initiative includes a number of ranges of interactions amongst abroad consultants and Indian counterparts over a month-long collection of webinars and video-conference.
• Over 3,000 abroad Indian origin academicians and scientists from 55 international locations and greater than 10,000 resident academicians and scientists are collaborating within the summit.
PM Modi to inaugurate world summit on AI on Oct 5
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate a worldwide digital summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI), RAISE 2020 - 'Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020' on October 5, 2020. This was introduced by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
• The summit might be held from October 5 to October 9, 2020 and is being organised by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NITI Aayog.
RAISE 2020 can have a devoted session on constructing inclusive Artificial Intelligence that empowers one billion-plus Indians.
• The session can have a keynote from Anita Bhatia, Assistant Secretary-General, Deputy Executive Director, UN Women. It may even have an all-women panel, curated by UN Women.
• Over 15,000 stakeholders from throughout academia, the analysis business and authorities representatives from the world over have registered to take part in RAISE 2020. According to Industry analysts, AI might add as much as USD 957 billion to India's financial system by 2035.
DRDO test-fires Laser-Guided ATGM
• The Defence Research and Development Organisation efficiently test-fired the indigenously developed Laser-Guided Anti Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) on October 1, 2020.
• The Anti Tank Guided Missile is able to firing a tandem HEAT warhead to defeat Explosive Reactive Armour protected armoured automobiles in ranges from 1.5 to five kilometres.
• The missile has been developed with multiple-platform launch functionality and is presently present process technical analysis trials from 120 mm rifled gun of MBT Arjun.
• It has been developed by the Armament Research and Development Establishment, Pune in affiliation with High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, Pune and Instruments Research and Development Establishment, Dehradun.
Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh get extra borrowing restrict of Rs 7,106 crore
• The states of Andhra Pradesh (AP) and Uttar Pradesh (UP) have been granted a further borrowing restrict of Rs 7,106 crore primarily based on reforms within the public distribution system (PDS) and the convenience of doing enterprise (EoDB).
Andhra Pradesh has been allowed to undertake open market borrowings of one other Rs 2,252 crore to make the state extra investor pleasant and business-friendly.
• Uttar Pradesh has additionally been allowed to borrow Rs 4,851 crore on account of One Nation One Ration Card System (ONORCS) reforms underneath the PDS.
• The division of meals and public distribution has been assigned because the nodal physique to evaluate and ensure if states have undertaken these reforms.
• This makes Andhra Pradesh the primary state to attain the second tranche of the extra borrowing restrict of 0.25% of gross state home product (GSDP)
• On September 24, 5 states together with AP, Telangana, Goa, Tripura and Karnataka had been granted the extra borrowing restrict after implementing the PDS-related reforms.
BCCI conducts Continuous Professional Development seminars for ladies coaches
• The National Cricket Academy (NCA) lately carried out a seven-week collection of CPD (Continuous Professional Development) seminars for ladies coaches throughout the nation.
• The first-of-its-kind initiative was carried out by the Coach Education division of the NCA, led by Sujith Somasundar and supported by Atul Gaikwad, Apurva Desai and Rajib Dutta.
• The 24 BCCI Level 2 licensed coaches and former India cricketers with BCCI degree 1 certifications had been a part of the seminar. BCCI President Saurav Ganguly thanked the group on the NCA led by veteran Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid for taking the initiative. He acknowledged that ladies's cricket is on the rise in India and our girls's group has carried out exceptionally effectively within the final couple of ICC tournaments.
• NCA head Rahul Dravid feels that the seminar will assist girls coaches of their growth. He mentioned that ladies's cricket has been rising at a really quick tempo and one of many goals of the BCCI is to proceed supporting our girls coaches of their growth.
Punjab CM orders finish of evening curfew
• Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on October 1, 2020 introduced relaxations in lockdown together with the lifting of evening curfew in addition to an finish to Sunday lockdown on account of a decline in COVID-19 instances and deaths.
• The state has elevated the restrict for attending marriage capabilities and funerals to 100. Under new relaxations, three individuals can now journey in a automotive and the capability of buses to hold passengers has been elevated to 50 p.c topic to the situation that home windows stay open.
• However, the choice relating to the reopening of faculties and academic establishments within the state might be taken after deliberations between the Home Secretary and the state's Education Department.