The Union Minister of Science and Technology, Harsh Vardhan has launched the ‘SERB – POWER’ schemes which purpose to encourage and assist rising in addition to eminent girls researchers to undertake R&D actions in frontier areas of science and engineering. SERB-POWER stands for Science and Engineering Research Board – Promoting Opportunities For Women in Exploratory Research.
This scheme is formulated to mitigate gender disparity in science and engineering analysis funding in varied S&T packages in Indian tutorial establishments and R&D Laboratories, to make sure equal entry and weighted alternatives for Indian girls scientists engaged in analysis and growth actions.
The schemes have been launched to offer two classes of analysis assist that are:
- SERB – POWER Fellowship
- SERB – POWER Research Grants
1. SERB – POWER Research Grants
This scheme will encourage rising and eminent girls researchers for the individual-centric and aggressive mode of analysis funding. Under this, the funding shall be below the next two classes:
Level I: The scale of funding as much as 60 Lakhs for 3 years.
Level II: The scale of funding as much as 30 Lakhs for 3 years.
2. SERB – POWER Fellowship
- The Power Fellowship scheme will establish and reward excellent girls researchers and innovators working in Indian tutorial establishments and R&D laboratories, holding Ph.D.diploma in any department of science and engineering.
- Fellowship of Rs. 15,000/- per 30 days along with common revenue.
- Research grant of Rs.10 Lakh every year.
SERB is a statutory physique below the Department of Science and Technology, GOI, established by an Act of the Parliament of India in 2009 (SERB ACT,2008).
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.