The Indian Navy has launched the fifth Scorpene submarine “Vagir” at Mazagon Dock of south Mumbai. The submarine is able to taking missions reminiscent of anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, mine laying, intelligence gathering and space surveillance.
| SBI Clerk Mains & RBI Assistant Mains Exams
- Vagir is part of six Kalvari class submarine that’s being inbuilt India.
- These submarines have been designed by the French Navy and an power firm DCNS.
- The six submarines have been constructed beneath Project-75 of Indian Navy.
- Vagir has been named after Sand Fish. It is a deep-sea predator within the Indian Ocean.
- The first Vagir was commissioned in 1973. The first Vagir submarine was from Russia.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.