The Central Government has arrange an Apex Committee for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement (AIPA) for reaching its objectives below the worldwide deal. The 17-member committee comprised of members from 13 key ministries of the Union Government. The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) secretary R P Gupta would be the head of this committee and the extra secretary, MoEFCC, Ravi Shankar Prasad would be the vice-chairperson. The Environment ministry has enlisted as many as 16 capabilities for the APIA.
Some key options of AIPA
- The physique could have the facility to challenge instructions below Section 5 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 to industries or any entities for compliance on cleaner practices in sync with India’s objectives.
- It would be the nationwide authority to control carbon markets in India below the Paris Agreement within the post-2020 interval.
- AIPA will challenge pointers for carbon pricing and market mechanism to offset carbon footprints of emitters.
- Define tasks of involved ministries for fulfilling India’s ‘nationally determined contribution’ (NDC) pledges and obtain periodic info updates to watch, evaluate and revisit local weather objectives to satisfy the necessities of the Paris Agreement.
- The Committee may also develop programme and insurance policies, if required, to make India’s home local weather actions compliant with its worldwide obligations.
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.