• According to the Human Development Report -HDR 2020 launched by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), India ranked 131st out of 189 international locations within the Human Development Index (HDI) in 2019, a drop of two locations from the earlier yr. The Human Development Index (HDI) is a measure of the well being, training, and residing requirements of a rustic. The life expectancy of Indians in 2019 is 69.7 years.
• CEO, Prasar Bharati was elected because the Vice President of Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU). ABU was established in 1964 and is a non-profit, non-governmental, non-political skilled affiliation whose mission is to help the event of broadcasting within the Asia-Pacific area.
• The Cabinet accepted an MoU between India and the United States to alternate info in areas of widespread curiosity within the electrical energy sector. The MoU signed between the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) of India and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) of the United States. The MoU will assist to enhance the regulatory and coverage framework to ascertain an efficient wholesale electrical energy market and enhance grid reliability.
• All India Council for Technical Education – AICTE determined to grant a upkeep allowance of 20,000 rupees/- below the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS). Under PMSSS, the youth of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh obtain two elements of the scholarship, particularly educational price & upkeep allowance. The scheme is a part of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
• The US Treasury Department included India on its watch checklist of forex manipulators. Vietnam and Switzerland are marked as forex manipulators. In 2019, the U.S. Treasury Department eliminated India from its forex manipulators watch checklist of its main buying and selling companions. Currency Manipulators: This is a label that the US authorities places on a rustic that intends to intentionally devalue its forex towards the U.S. greenback for “unfair currency practices”.
• Union Minister of Jal Shakti evaluations progress made below National Hydrology Project in its mid-term. The National Hydrology Project (NHP) was launched in 2016 as a Central Sector Scheme, offering 100% grants to implementing companies on a Pan-Indian foundation, with a finances of Rs.3680 crore, which will likely be used inside 8 years.
• The Government of India (GOI) and the World Bank signed a $400 million challenge to help India’s efforts to supply social help to households affected by Covid. Highlights: The Government of India (GOI) and the World Bank signed a $400 million challenge to help India’s efforts to supply social help to poor and susceptible households severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
• The authorities of India (GOI) signed a mortgage settlement with the New Development Bank (NDB) for a mortgage of $1,000 million. About Agreement: The authorities of India (GOI) signed a mortgage settlement with the New Development Bank (NDB) for a mortgage of $1,000 million for ‘supporting India’s financial restoration from COVID-19’ by supporting expenditures on rural infrastructure associated to Natural Resource Management (NRM) and rural employment era below the MGNREGA.
• Tribes India expanded its vary by launching extra merchandise. Tribes India is a web based retail program of the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED). Tribes India is a web based retail program of the Tribes Collaborative Marketing Development Alliance of India (TRIFED). It was launched in October 2020 by the Minister of the Union of Tribal Affairs.
The submit Current Affairs One liners : 18th December appeared first on Swarnoshiksha.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.