Indian Scientists at Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational sciences (ARIES), Nainital, have indigenously designed and developed a low-cost optical Spectrograph named as Aries-Devasthal Faint Object Spectrograph & Camera (ADFOSC). It has been commissioned on the 3.6-m Devasthal Optical Telescope (DOT), within the Nainital district of Uttarakhand.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & different exams
About the ADFOSC spectroscope:
- The ADFOSC spectroscope is the most important of its form among the many present astronomical spectrographs in India.
- The ADFOSC spectrograph can find sources of faint mild from distant quasars and galaxies in a really younger universe, areas round supermassive black-holes across the galaxies, and cosmic explosions.
- So far, spectroscopes have been imported from overseas at excessive prices. The ‘Made in India’ optical spectrograph is about 2.5 occasions more cost effective in comparison with the imported ones and may find sources of sunshine with a photon-rate as little as about 1 photon per second.
- The ARIES is an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. It is the most important reflecting telescope in India, in addition to in Asia.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- ARIES Founded: 20 April 1954.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.