The UN General Assembly adopted by consensus a decision sponsored by India and supported by over 70 nations declaring 2023 because the International Year of Millets. The International Year of Millets is geared toward elevating consciousness concerning the well being advantages of the grain and its suitability for cultivation underneath altering weather conditions. India’s Permanent Mission to the UN additionally distributed savoury millet snack murukku to all UN Member States.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & different exams
About the decision:
- The 193-member General Assembly unanimously adopted the decision, declaring 2023 because the International Year of Millets.
- The decision titled International Year of Millets 2023′ was initiated by India with Bangladesh, Kenya, Nepal, Nigeria, Russia and Senegal and was co-sponsored by over 70 nations.
- The decision considers the pressing want to lift consciousness of the climate-resilient and dietary advantages of millets and to advocate for diversified, balanced and wholesome diets via the elevated sustainable manufacturing and consumption of millets.
Important takeaways for all aggressive exams:
- UN General Assembly President: Volkan Bozkır.
- UN General Assembly Headquarters: New York, United States.
- UN General Assembly Founded: 1945, New York, United States.
Thank you for visiting this wonderful educational site. Vist স্বর্ণশিক্ষা every day. Thank You.